By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 5 in the US or Uncharted 4 globally, which will sell more first week?

Which will sell more first week?

Halo 5 in the US 138 29.11%

Uncharted 4 Globally 107 22.57%

Uncharted 4 globally > Halo 5 Globally 229 48.31%

Total:474

HALO SERIES

Halo 4 first week in the US: 2,430,000

Halo 3 first week in the US: 2,420,000

Halo Reach first week in the US: 2,400,000

UNCHARTED SERIES

Uncharted 3 first week globally: 1,350,000

Uncharted 2 first week globally: 880,000

What do you think?

Around the Network

Uncharted won't break 2 million globally on launch week IMO. I think you can see that Halo is install base immune when it comes to launch week. Every full Halo game on 360 launched with pretty much the same amount in the USA, so there was more or less zero launch week growth even though Halo 4 had a massively larger install base to sell to.

Also Xb one install base in the USA today is > 360's US install base at the time Halo 3 launched. So that suggests a 2.3-2.4 million launch week in the USA is very likely. The core day 1 fanbase will always be there for Halo, and it will turn out for Halo 5.

With Xb one's diminished install base outside of the USA I think it will be quite close LTD between these two games. But I think Halo 5 has the edge, likely to sell at least 8 million LTD. Uncharted should do >6 million, but may have a hard time breaking through to 8 million.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Uncharted won't break 2 million globally on launch week IMO. I think you can see that Halo is install base immune when it comes to launch week. Every full Halo game on 360 launched with pretty much the same amount in the USA, so there was more or less zero launch week growth even though Halo 4 had a massively larger install base to sell to.

Also Xb one install base in the USA today is > 360's US install base at the time Halo 3 launched. So that suggests a 2.3-2.4 million launch week in the USA is very likely. The core day 1 fanbase will always be there for Halo, and it will turn out for Halo 5.

With Xb one's diminished install base outside of the USA I think it will be quite close LTD between these two games. But I think Halo 5 has the edge, likely to sell at least 8 million LTD. Uncharted should do >6 million, but may have a hard time breaking through to 8 million.

Finally a comment... seriusly, 20 vote in the poll and 1 comment...what?

I'm pretty sure Halo will outsell Uncharted. Master Chief is the face ox Xbox after all. Nathan Drake can only hope for the Chief's popularity.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

LMFAO!!!... Where are the people that said Uncharted 4>Halo 5 lifetime

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Are least this comparison is more reasonable. globally for unchartedlaunch week vs USA launch week for halo is a tough one. I'll go with uncharted but I'll not be surprised either way

uncharted in every category

Ruler said:

You predict Uncharted 4 first week Globally > Halo 5 first week globally ? O_O

Ryng_Tolu said:
Ruler said:

installbase is smaller on the xbox

Ruler said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

installbase is smaller on the xbox

See my first post on why that is not relevant.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix