By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XV demo Previews "New hope" "It just feels like FF" "Raw ambition"

Tagged games:

I hope no one dares crucify this game for having frame rate drops when every Western/open world RPG has been plagued with them for the whole of the last decade.

Around the Network

To hell with the girls, high five

I am temped to buy type0 :)

Scoobes said:
So, I just pre-ordered Type-0 after reading these.

Is Type-0 actually any good?!

"There's much to like in the HD version of Final Fantasy Type-0, with the fact that it's finally coming Westward featuring at the top of the list. Combat is fast and fluid, and most of the demo (besides some of the minor NPCs) dazzles with greatly updated textures and flashy attacks. Although I left the Type-0 demo booth with positive feelings, I couldn't help but think how frustrating the camera could become over a 30 or 40 hour adventure if tweaks aren't made. Let's hope they find a good balance before the March 2014 release date."

http://www.gamrreview.com/preview/92037/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-is-dizzying-but-enjoyable/

I think the preview is accurate. The game offers a wide variety of characters and stories, engaging battle system, and mature theme. But It has its shares of "flaws" as well.. Mostly because it is a portable game in its heart.

Scoobes said:
So, I just pre-ordered Type-0 after reading these.

Is Type-0 actually any good?!

It's very addicting nd very fast paced. Also it has a lot of micro-managing. If you fail to bring the best students with you with the best skills/right magic, you will most likely never be able to finish some of the missions and die a lot. Example, many of the missions has enemies that can only be attacked through long range, if you fail to bring a long range attacker you will never be able to complete it. Same with missions that has enemies that are only weak against magic and some enemies that are immune to certain types of magic. The camera is also a bit too fast and is bothersome in tight spaces. Do note that I played the Psp version. They said they have improved the camera, the difficulty and so on so I'm expecting an even better game.

Around the Network

Glad to hear it isn't like Kingdom Hearts; I was worried it was going to be easy and simple. Tempted to ask for the day off from work, so I can play it properly.

New wave of previews: 

Final Fantasy XV Changes Everything and Fans Will Love it – Hands-On from PAX East 2015

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-changes-everything-series-fans-will-love-hands-pax-east-2015/

"This is still a Final Fantasy game though, and the experience still rings true for the series. During my time with the game I stumbled across tons of side missions that felt like classic Final Fantasy fare. Items and terms are all carried over from past games, though some are used in new and interesting ways. The creatures in the game are all classic Final Fantasy, looking gorgeous in both quality and design. Massive monsters walk about in the background, looking both tempting and daunting at the same time. Chocobos, Summons, magic, and all the other Final Fantasy favorites are there, they just might get used in different ways than before. Fans who enter with an open mind should find a much more modern and enjoyable take on the JRPG genre."

vandal:

http://www.vandal.net/avances/ps4/final-fantasy-xv/21345/3

"a revolution in the series at all levels that will give much to talk about in the coming months."

vidaextra:

http://m.vidaextra.com/analisis/final-fantasy-xv-primeras-impresiones

"In short, a demo that leaves a good taste and it definitely left us wanting more"

What can I say, I hope FFXV will turn out very well. After the last couple of FF games we really need one that is actually good!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

What can I say, I hope FFXV will turn out very well. After the last couple of FF games we really need one that is actually good!

FF14 ARR was great though. Only the 13 series had mixed reception.

I've watched several XX Type-0 trailers and came away very unimpressed; it strikes me as a blander, magic-infused Metal Gear Revengeance. Being that I've played every FF, I have a hard time believing that this is all there is to it. Part of me wants it to be awesome, just to justify the purchase beyond needing the FF XV demo. Is the PAX trailer really the latest build? Am I missing something? Can someone please give a rundown of what I may be missing and if the hype is justified?

I need that demo.