By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best graphics on 3DS?

?

Resident Evil Revelations 167 45.14%

Ironfall 32 8.65%

Nano Assault 6 1.62%

Mario Kart 7 16 4.32%

Smash Bros 39 10.54%

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon 59 15.95%

Other (Please specify) 51 13.78%

Total:370
mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

The Zelda remakes only look good indoors (I.e. dungeons)
In the open world they truly look awful, no one should deny that.

Well that's already better than A Link Between Worlds because that looks awful everywhere.

And uh, well, I do deny it. I don't think they look ugly outdoors at all.

It's sure as hell below PS2 level and the 3DS is supposed to be stronger.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Easily RE: Revelations is hands down the best looking 3DS game.. I wonder if it will ever be topped!

Nope, Nintendo puts no effort into the graphics of their 3DS games. Luckily the gameplay is top notch for a lot of games.

Has to be RE:R all the way. For the 3DS, that game was a graphics delight. Kid Icarus was pretty awesome graphically, too.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Majora's Mask 3D because of dat moon

Samus Aran said:
AZWification said:

Easily RE: Revelations is hands down the best looking 3DS game.. I wonder if it will ever be topped!

Nope, Nintendo puts no effort into the graphics of their 3DS games. Luckily the gameplay is top notch for a lot of games.

To be honest, that has been the case with most of their handhelds! I mean, there were some DS and GBA games made by Nintendo that looked nice but nothing beyond that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

It's sure as hell below PS2 level and the 3DS is supposed to be stronger.

I don't know which console is supposed to be stronger, but looking at the overworld in Majora's Mask 3D and comparing it to the one in Shadow of the Colossus I think it's pretty obvious and undeniable which one looks best.

But I still don't think the 3DS remakes look bad at all. I'm not checking specs when playing a game, I just see what's on the screen. From what I've played on my own 3DS, the best-looking games I've played (after Revelations, of course) were the Zelda remakes.

PS2 can push more polygons, however the 3DS has more advanced GPU techniques so can allow better lighting/reflection effects which allow it to cover some of the ground, so long as there are basic environments. RE:R vs RE:4 (PS2 port) is a great example of this. 3DS couldn't actually run RE:4, but many will say RE:R looks better.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
mZuzek said:

I don't know which console is supposed to be stronger, but looking at the overworld in Majora's Mask 3D and comparing it to the one in Shadow of the Colossus I think it's pretty obvious and undeniable which one looks best.

But I still don't think the 3DS remakes look bad at all. I'm not checking specs when playing a game, I just see what's on the screen. From what I've played on my own 3DS, the best-looking games I've played (after Revelations, of course) were the Zelda remakes.

PS2 can push more polygons, however the 3DS has more advanced GPU techniques so can allow better lighting/reflection effects which allow it to cover some of the ground, so long as there are basic environments. RE:R vs RE:4 (PS2 port) is a great example of this. 3DS couldn't actually run RE:4, but many will say RE:R looks better.

I hope everyone says it because the PS2 version of RE4 is not a thing of beauty.

Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

I hope everyone says it because the PS2 version of RE4 is not a thing of beauty.

No, but the 3DS still couldn't run it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

No, but the 3DS still couldn't run it.

It probably could.

But I wouldn't play a tps on the 3DS, that's for sure.

Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

To be fair, it was pretty damn impressive for a PS2 game, even if it was naturally downgraded from the Gamecube version.