By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bought my first Amiibo today! Who was your first?

Technically my first was Luigi who I got on impulse. Because I'm pretty sure my mother and older sister had already selected Mario, Link, and Fox for me as surprise Christmas presents, and all of the presents had been under the tree at that point.If you count those, Mario. Because Mario fanboy

Around the Network

I bought Link, Yoshi and Samus at the same time. Haven't bought any since.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Teddy said:

I don't own one but I've preordered Mario Party 10 and comes with Amiibo Mario.

What are the purpose of Amiibos and do they offer any advantages in game or just a gimmick?

Welcome to the Site! I'm pretty new myself, but I certianly am already enjoying myself here!

I bought sheik mostly because it looked cool, and I hadnt seen it in stores before.  I'm a huge legend of zelda fan, it looked cool, and I wanted to try it out in game.  I like trying new ideas in the game industry at least once before I form a solid opinion on them.  we'll see how sheik works in super Smash Bros!  hopefully the new legend of zelda game coming out this year will give me some sort of functionality for my sheik amiibo...

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air