By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bought my first Amiibo today! Who was your first?

I haven't bought any because I'm not 12 years old and under.

Mod edit: Please don't report this post, the user has already been permabanned ~Barozi

Around the Network

Link

My first was Mario

Link and Zelda.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

2Quick said:

What was your first amiibo?

I don't own one but I've preordered Mario Party 10 and comes with Amiibo Mario.

What are the purpose of Amiibos and do they offer any advantages in game or just a gimmick?

Around the Network
Teddy said:

What are the purpose of Amiibos and do they offer any advantages in game or just a gimmick?

Depends on the game. In Smash, they're an adaptive AI that you can train, level up and customize. In Mario Kart 8, they provide bonus costumes for your Miis. In Mario Party 10, they offer a bonus mode called Amiibo Party.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Samus!

Skullwaker said:
Teddy said:

Depends on the game. In Smash, they're an adaptive AI that you can train, level up and customize. In Mario Kart 8, they provide bonus costumes for your Miis. In Mario Party 10, they offer a bonus mode called Amiibo Party.

Thank you, much help. We don't have Smash yet, but have Mario Kart 8. 

Teddy said:
Thank you, much help. We don't have Smash yet, but have Mario Kart 8. 

No problem! Amiibo are pretty neat. I'd buy them just because they're figurines, so the functionality is just an added bonus in my book.

Also, I just noticed you joined the site a couple days ago. Welcome!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I luckily haven't caved in and bought one.