By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band 4 not coming to Wii U because "the audience is not there"

Why release any game to a low install platform?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
It wasn't really an official statement.  I was saying it's bigger with the other fanbases and i meant ratio wise.  Back when rock band was at its peak the Wii had a very big lead over the xbox and ps3. It's telling that despite that it was bigger on xbox and almost as big on Ps3. Those ratios would suggest with the current gen that the Wii U would do the worse of the 3 main platforms by quite a bit.  I'm sure they did their research on this otherwise you'd see a wii u version.  

Ratios mean nothing when there isn't history to back it up. Rock Band on the PS2 sold about the same as it did on the PS3, despite the much larger install base of the PS2. Something similar could happen with the Wii & Wii U, but we won't know now.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

It's pretty easy to see what's going on here. With Rock Band no longer being published by EA, they're really trying to trim expenses, as we can see by the fact that they're going with less instruments.

Also, before anyone jumps on them, they did mention their own research, which included surveys and asking for feedback. They said they got a ton of responses--perhaps very few of those responses were from Wii U owners?

It's a shame but Rock Band is obviously has a ton of upfront production and distribution costs. This is about money.

Wut? if there is a type of third party game that could sell well on WiiU,it's this one!

Bofferbrauer said:
Cloudman said:

So the Wii U doesn`t have a hardcore market AND a casual market? Then what market does it have then?!

please don`t tell me Nintendo only market.. TwT

Sounds like a weak excuse honestly. I wish they would just say "We don`t want to release a Wii U version because it`s not worth it. The install base is too small" Also, last I check, the Wii is retired, so of course people will move on from it. Most people do. : P

A thriving Indie Market. Which is pretty logic if you think about it: Due to the lack of games from the other publishers, the indies are getting much more exposition in the eShop than they would otherwise.

I`d be okay with that. It`s good indies are supporting the system, where AAA  just abandoned it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

what i do with my rock band beatles wii set?

better they make it work on ps4.

Platina said:
SjOne said:
I just remembered, Rock Band is published by EA. Of course its not coming to Wii U

Oh, that explains things :P

Was published by EA. EA is not involved here. Rockband 4 is a whole different beast. It is a risky venture by harmonix. If they are not careful it could kill them.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

The video for the announcement showed the development team talking about a survey of what platforms fans of the series own or want the newest game on and I guess WiiU just didn't show enough interest. Would be curious to know what the cutoff point is before they figure it isn't worth the development time and money, but at least they put out a survey and they don't seem to just be basing this on how they think the market is established.

vivster said:

Exactly. Less users = less sales, no point in porting. It also takes more effort to port to the Wii U due to the gamepad

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

vivster said:

Despite its low sales, the Vita is getting some good support, at least in Japan.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread