By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is Your Favorite exclusive on the Wii?

super_etecoon said:
curl-6 said:

There's still a market for colourful games, as evidenced by the strong sales of Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, etc.

3D World just played it too safe and lacked the wow factor that would have attracted gamers outside the Nintendo hardcore

I guess mostly I misread your post subconsciously as "Nintendo wouldn't be in this predicament with the WiiU if they had released a spiritual Mario 64 successor" as opposed to the much more reserved "would have moved more hardware and software" that you actually posted. 

I can't argue against that. Who doesn't want an epic Mario game of 64 proportions! I do think, though, that Nintendo found themselves behind the 8 ball with the lack of 3rd party support and their own teams' inefficiency at creating large scale affairs on the new HD hardware. Nintendo definitely had to go to HD school during the first part of this generation...but I think all of their studying has paid off. Hopefully the transition into their next console isn't as difficult. 

No arguments there; like most devs, they struggled with HD development early on, but they seem to have the hang of it now.

Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite Wii game. Still haven't played Galaxy 2.

Honorable mentions include Skyward Sword, Super Paper Mario, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Sonic Colors.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Gosh, this question feels almost impossible for me to answer...

Hmmm, Trauma Center...? That game was pretty cool... TwT

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Skullwaker said:
Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite Wii game. Still haven't played Galaxy 2.

Do it now. If you loved Galaxy 1, I see no reason why you wouldn't love the second one. Amazing game.

curl-6 said:
Do it now. If you loved Galaxy 1, I see no reason why you wouldn't love the second one. Amazing game.

I plan on it! I was so tempted to pick it up for $10 on the eShop but I'm one of those psychos that needs physical copies of games like that. Just waiting for a random deal. There's no doubt in my mind that I will love it. :)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

There are still quite a few key games that are sitting on my shelf shrink wrapped, but I hope to get to them eventually. Based on what I've played, I would have to pick Super Mario Galaxy. Honorable mention to Mega Man 9.

Not only is Super Mario Galaxy 2 my favorite Wii game, it's my favorite game of all time.

*swoon*

Mario galaxy 1

Xenoblade Chronicles~

Metroid Prime Trilogy, if that doesn't count then 3.
Super Mario Galaxy/2 were also amazing, and Xenoblade as well.