By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA shuts down Maxis Emeryville(Spore/SimCity). Other branches staying open (.... for now)

Don't worry.. In time we won't speak about it anymore.. Just like Westwood and Command and Conquer

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Sim City is literally a part of my life, this is devastating!

Great job on the last two games, EA.
"here's an idea, let's completely remove everything in the game that people like and replace it with casualized DLC nonsense"

Augen said:
Shame, I really enjoyed Sim City 4 and The Sims 2.

Hopeful someone makes competing series as lately EAs handling of them has been terrible.

Check out "Cities Skylines" by Colossal Order! Release will be next week.

@Topic: Meh. I won't buy any EA products anyway. Just let them buy and ruin even more traditional studios. We can't do anything against it anyway.

Around the Network

Their soul and spirit now live together with Westwood Studio, RIP

EA at it again...

Wow, that came out from nowhere!

I'll miss SimCity (even thought I haven't played Sim5).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

you should fix the title, it's not all of maxis.

The more time that passes, the more I fear these EA comics are based on reality. The part of Maxis that was shut down did (Spore/SimCity) The Sims segment is still around.