By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - first person or 3rd person?

3rd person or first person

3rd person: single player... 32 26.89%

3rd person for both 73 61.34%

1st person: single player... 2 1.68%

1st person for both 12 10.08%

Total:119

3rd person. I need to have an avatar that is my context in that world. I dont like first person because it tries to say its me in that world, and for me, that simply breaks the imersion.
I dont want to play me in the game world. I dont exist as part of that world. My avatar does though, and i feel like i can connect to the world through him. He exists in that world and i merely nudge him with my wishes to act similarly to what i would act if i were that person in that world.

I really dont like make pretend FPS. I dont understand what is so novel about as playing yourself. You have to live with yourself everyday. A game should be a journey to a different place.

Around the Network

For me,

All 1st Person games = Instant Vertigo

So if a game is in 1st person without 3rd person option, auto ignore.

Why can't some FPS games like Destiny, Battlefield or CoD have an option to play in 3rd person? Skyrim have that option, I don't see why other games (specially shooters) simply don't have that. I would have loved to join my friends it has that option.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

Doesn't matter where the camera is in single player, though I tend to prefer multiplayer in first person.

I enjoy first person shooters since my first one was Turok Dinosaur Hunter on the N64 so I slightly prefer it than third person shooters, my first TPS was Gears 1.

Proud to be a Californian.

I like both of them equally!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
bonkeng said:
For me,

All 1st Person games = Instant Vertigo

So if a game is in 1st person without 3rd person option, auto ignore.

Why can't some FPS games like Destiny, Battlefield or CoD have an option to play in 3rd person? Skyrim have that option, I don't see why other games (specially shooters) simply don't have that. I would have loved to join my friends it has that option.

They did that in a couple of CoD's.. it was awful.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Games are designed for their specific perspective so I will say:

Games designed for third person > games designed for first person.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I've no real issue anymore with FPS on consoles, I used to so never played with them much (control scheme basically but that's been fine tuned, still wrong for some games). It is very game dependent, Dragon Age only works in 3rd person (or tactical) while Mass Effect could work in first person. There are options for 3rd person in both Fallout and Elder Scrolls but who's use them when they are mostly useless.

Hmm, pie.

I don't know. I think if there are anything beyond VERY simplistic platforming elements I'll always prefer 3rd person.

Paatar said:
umegames said:

RIGHT O! only time i liked 1st person was in metroid, which was more of an adventure than shooter. 

I'm playing Metroid Prime on my Wii U currently and I love it to death. It's mostly adventure but it's MOTION CONTROLS. If Halo was motion controls, I'd love that as well. Motion is the best for first person shooters in my opinion. Makes it feel almost real. Otherwise, it's just not idk. Just doesn't click for me personally.

I'm about to get back into that on wii-u too, got half way through 2 and never did much in 3. Also agree motion controls on shooters, 3rd or 1st is POWER!