By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

bananaking21 said:
also nobody seems to be talking about this, but neither BF hardline SKU seems to be charting in the top 100. are we looking at a big flop here?

Probably. I wonder if it'll do better than Evolve?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:

Sad fact is that my girlfriend and me play Wii more often than we do at my 360. Too few games actually support playing at the same time :( Last game we played on 360 together was Halo:Reach in spleet-screen at new year's eve...

with all these cross gen games there is no excuse. why cant farcry 4 support split screen on XB1 and PS4? there is a PS360 version? i dont care if graphics are like PS2 graphics when we play split screen. its a really great option and it would make some games fantastic. 

split screen online games are fantastic too, one reason me and my brothers keep buying CoD is split screen online. seriously, make the graphics and rest downgraded when playing split screen, but at least give us the option. 

Exactly! It's not that we expect the same graphics x2, they can really dumb down the graphics quite a bit to make it happen. This is (or was) one of the big fun factors in gaming for years! I remember when Nintendo said they would support 4 controllers on one N64! Man, this was quite a news back then. Nowadys dev don't care anymore, "play the game online!". Sure, then you can sell the game even more often, who cares about the customer?

It's not that I don't like to play online, definitely not. But local multiplayer has to stay, in my opinion. I like playing together with friends at my home... Not to become too much off-topic but I fear that gaming will be even more "anti-social" with VR but I think we will topics about this in the coming months or years

TheGoldenBoy said:
bananaking21 said:
also nobody seems to be talking about this, but neither BF hardline SKU seems to be charting in the top 100. are we looking at a big flop here?

seems BF4 really screwed over the franchise, and the short time between BF4 and hardline isnt helping. it should do a lot better than evolve, but i am now wondering if it will be a flop. seems like there is no interests in this game. 

bananaking21 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

seems BF4 really screwed over the franchise, and the short time between BF4 and hardline isnt helping. it should do a lot better than evolve, but i am now wondering if it will be a flop. seems like there is no interests in this game. 

There's also more interesting games releasing and we just got an FPS that was a disappointment. It probably doesn't help that Hardline feels like an expansion rather than a full game, or at least that's the perception. 

bananaking21 said:
binary solo said:

Yep.

Xb one right on it's tail too. Gonna be a tight month.

certainly. the PS4 has the better deal now, yet XB1 is right on its tail, would be interesting to see how each would perform without the deal. 

I wouldn't say that. Controller > year old game. And of course $50 cheaper. I reckon without the deals we'd be looking at positions like we saw in Feb before the value bundle. PS4 in the low teens, Xb one dropping in and out of the top 20.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Oh my god... will Zelda back in TOP 5 even after 1 month?

Majora's Mask and typo o are beasting

binary solo said:
bananaking21 said:
binary solo said:

Yep.

Xb one right on it's tail too. Gonna be a tight month.

certainly. the PS4 has the better deal now, yet XB1 is right on its tail, would be interesting to see how each would perform without the deal. 

I wouldn't say that. Controller > year old game. And of course $50 cheaper. I reckon without the deals we'd be looking at positions like we saw in Feb before the value bundle. PS4 in the low teens, Xb one dropping in and out of the top 20.

That's going to vary from person to person. Some people will want the controller others the game.

I never expected FF to rank this high 2 weeks before release. It was also number 55 on Feb best seller charts. It seems like XV demo is helping it a lot.

walsufnir said:
bananaking21 said:

if devs werent dicks and made more split screen games, more people would :( 

Sad fact is that my girlfriend and me play Wii more often than we do at my 360. Too few games actually support playing at the same time :( Last game we played on 360 together was Halo:Reach in spleet-screen at new year's eve...

Ditto.