By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

tokilamockingbrd said:
Noobie said:

Also BB is the type of the game which i believe will do better on online store then in brick and mortar stores. But March NPD will be interesting to watch. Also tomorrow UK chart will give a hint what to expect from NPD.

why is that? IMO it could do worse. I consider myself a core gamer and I dont buy online because I dont want to risk it not coming in day one. Souls fans as a whole probably did not want to risk not having ASAP. I could see someone who kinda wants it going online.

I got it on the PSN after I found out gamestop wasn't doing a midnight launch for it.

It even installed the patch before midnight, and was ready to go at the exact second.lol

Around the Network
TheObserver said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

why is that? IMO it could do worse. I consider myself a core gamer and I dont buy online because I dont want to risk it not coming in day one. Souls fans as a whole probably did not want to risk not having ASAP. I could see someone who kinda wants it going online.

I got it on the PSN after I found out gamestop wasn't doing a midnight launch for it.

It even installed the patch before midnight, and was ready to go at the exact second.lol

exactly. I live in Hawaii and my GS sold it at midnight eastern time (so 6 pm on the 23rd for me) but I would have cancelled my preorder and gotten digital had they not done that. The more hype the less % I see going online.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

#2 = bloodborn (tracking upwards) (this might hit #1)
#4 = PS4

#52 = Xbox (ass creed bundle)
#56 = Xbox (MCC bundle)

* I didnt notice a Wii U in the top100 ; _ ;

JRPGfan said:

#2 = bloodborn (tracking upwards) (this might hit #1)
#4 = PS4

#52 = Xbox (ass creed bundle)
#56 = Xbox (MCC bundle)

* I didnt notice a Wii U in the top100 ; _ ;

the up sign only means it has gained a rank in the past 24h. I hope it hits number 1, but the arrows just mean its ranked higher now than it was 24h ago.

psn- tokila

Ohhhh.... I thought it was how it was trending within the hour lmao.

#1 bloodborn will it happend?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Ohhhh.... I thought it was how it was trending within the hour lmao.

#1 bloodborn will it happend?

it could, but the arrow is based on last 24h. I could have had a spike 16h ago to push it to number 2 and now selling less than what number 3 or 4 is.

The hourly charts are actually daily charts as they show what has sold the best over the past 24h. It is called hourly because it is updated hourly.

psn- tokila

Based on this thread Bloodborne reach the top 10 on 12 march. It is now 29 March and not only is it still in the top 10 but is close to being the best selling video game item on Amazon.

I love this thread. Its fun to look back a few weeks.

Remember when BF:HL was charting..... lol. Its already at 39.99...... lol. not even a week old.....

psn- tokila

Man Bloodborne is doing amazig!
This gen is gonne kick some major as if this keeps up.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Shadow1980 said:

Ranks for the current week (March 23-29) are up:

PS4: #11
XBO (MCC): #62
XBO (ACU): #83

I think this is gonna be a rough month for XBO sales. It has been up 7% YoY so far, but March may be down without a Titanfall equivalent, and that could drag total Q1 sales down from last Q1. Not good considering it's $150 cheaper now.

Ouch, thé biggest différence since launch ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Shadow1980 said:

Ranks for the current week (March 23-29) are up:

PS4: #11
XBO (MCC): #62
XBO (ACU): #83

I think this is gonna be a rough month for XBO sales. It has been up 7% YoY so far, but March may be down without a Titanfall equivalent, and that could drag total Q1 sales down from last Q1. Not good considering it's $150 cheaper now.

Yeah... XBO was up by 10,000 unit in January, and 18,000 in February... let me said that will be down by 70,000 this NPD, and will be down in Q1.