By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

Noobie said:
BraLoD said:
And let the old topic rise again: Sony should just go and try to get From Software as one of their studios.
They would always be able to share tech between it and Japan Studios and we already saw that's a good thing.
FS turn into Sony hardcore studio and we get a exclusive like this each 2 years, that would be great.

I doubt they will remain as efficient as they are now. releasing 3 titles in a generation (Demon Souls, DS 1, DS2).. Sony studio hardly release 2 titles in a generation. otherwise only 1 title in a generation and it can be 0 too. 

Really? Last gen it was:

Naughty Dog: 4 PS3 games

Guerilla Games: 2 PS3 games, 1 PSV game

Zipper Interactive: 2 PS3 games, 1 PSV games

Evolution Studios: 3 PS3 games, 1 PSV game

Media Molecule: 2 PS3 games, 1 PSV game

Sucker Punch: 2 PS3 games

Studio Liverpool: 2 PS3 games, 1 PSV game

San Diego: 10+ internally developed games, and a number of collaborations

Japan Studio: too many to count, they have a lot of small teams, and collaborate often with other studios.

Polyphony Digital: 2 games

Santa Monica: 2 GoW games on PS3, and they also handle the production side of many smaller studios Sony works with.

So yeah, baseless statemnt is baseless.

Around the Network
Noobie said:
BraLoD said:
And let the old topic rise again: Sony should just go and try to get From Software as one of their studios.
They would always be able to share tech between it and Japan Studios and we already saw that's a good thing.
FS turn into Sony hardcore studio and we get a exclusive like this each 2 years, that would be great.

I doubt they will remain as efficient as they are now. releasing 3 titles in a generation (Demon Souls, DS 1, DS2).. Sony studio hardly release 2 titles in a generation. otherwise only 1 title in a generation and it can be 0 too. 

To much hater koolaid for you ehh.

Last gen.  SP 3 games, GG 3,  PD 3, MM 3, Evo 4, ND 4 and others are multi teams ones that released many many more ex Sandiego (10ish)  Santa monica (20++) or Japan studios who knows.

Most Sony devs released 3 games last gen if not more but dont let facts stop your misguided foolish sony hate.

To think that the PS4 surpassed on the PSN cards. That is uncanny o_O

Namiirei said:
BraLoD said:

Duh, if they do that, we will see mass-suicide from pc gamers.

Ha ha ha.

I know I shouldn't be, but the PS4 keeps on finding ways to surprise me.

Around the Network

Not to be carried away. This was posted by some person with retail know how.

The Shogun:

Am I reading this right? 750k launch in the US?

GAF you really need to temper your expectations. It did well but some of you are getting way ahead of yourselves.

For example Hardline will be number 1 NPD and by a good sized margin.. 

and later this:

The Shogun:

Evolve bombed on Amazon. Out of the top 40 like 1 day after launch.

It was number 2 in NPD last month.

Noobie said:

The Shogun:

GAF you really need to temper your expectations. It did well but some of you are getting way ahead of yourselves.

and later this:

The Shogun:

As long as BB beats Halo: MCC opening week numbers, I'll be happy.lol

Noobie said:

The Shogun:

and later this:

The Shogun:

yes. you are correct. Amazon is very spotty with software. But since the charts have not been updated in over 5 weeks Amazon is all we have... either way it is not a bad thing BB is doing well on Amazon. Zelda was beasting on amazon and it took #1 for feb so maybe BB can do the same.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Noobie said:

yes. you are correct. Amazon is very spotty with software. But since the charts have not been updated in over 5 weeks Amazon is all we have... either way it is not a bad thing BB is doing well on Amazon. Zelda was beasting on amazon and it took #1 for feb so maybe BB can do the same.

Also BB is the type of the game which i believe will do better on online store then in brick and mortar stores. But March NPD will be interesting to watch. Also tomorrow UK chart will give a hint what to expect from NPD.

Noobie said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

Also BB is the type of the game which i believe will do better on online store then in brick and mortar stores. But March NPD will be interesting to watch. Also tomorrow UK chart will give a hint what to expect from NPD.

why is that? IMO it could do worse. I consider myself a core gamer and I dont buy online because I dont want to risk it not coming in day one. Souls fans as a whole probably did not want to risk not having ASAP. I could see someone who kinda wants it going online.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.