By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict what game Tantalus is porting to Wii U

bigtakilla said:

Fatal Frame V. It's not announced Worldwide yet and we keep getting hints by people that it will come out.

They wouldn't use a porting studio to do a localization.

OT: As I said in the other thread, The Sims 4 fits all the criteria.  Except it's from EA.

Around the Network
JNK said:

I thinks its:
The Crew

- No Rated M/Hardcore
- From Ubisoft (biggest wii u supporter) - they also said :"watchdogs will be our last hardcore game for wii u" -> Tantalus is porting a "not hardcore game"^^
- Its pretty Nextgen
- There is a xbox360 version - so its definitly possible on wii u
- Its a AAA titel thats not hardcore/rated m (there are not many)
- Ubisoft also developed watchdogs in a different studio in india and release it some time after other releases

- bigger as Me3/Deus Ex

- Ubisoft is one of the biggest publisher

Everything would fit.

To be honest, even destiny would be cooler as the crew (who likes this game!?^^)

How is The Crew bigger than ME3? Did that game even sell 5000 copies?

Samus Aran said:

How is The Crew bigger than ME3? Did that game even sell 5000 copies?

I dont know.

The game is very bad as far as i know and was a flop on all other plattforms.

Also as a racing game it wouldnt stance any chance vs Mario Kart 8 or pCars.

The crew got a giant open world - so the world is definitly ALOT bigger compared to Me3 or DE. I think its the biggest racing game world over created.

It would just fit. But I hope its not, it would really be a big dissapointment.

If its really the crew, i bet it will be released for 60$ (other version 20-30$ this time) and sell like max. 10k units.

And Ubisoft will tell wii u owner again: "Wii u owner dont like realistic games" :D

curl-6 said:
Tlozjb said:

It isn't exactly a interview, it was from a Engine Programmer's experience listing, that mentioned a Wii U port of a AAA Unnanounced title, as one of his experiences:

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-tantalus-media-working-on-unannounced-aaa-wii-u-port/

And if we go by definition, a AAA game is:  In the video game industry, a AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for gameswith the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.

So yeah, not Minecraft or any indie.

I hope you're right.

So, it was "unannounced" as of June 2012... does that fit the bill for Destiny?

Yes, and also for FF 15.

It is a ‘port’ but more of a complete rework for the Wii U: a bit like the work we did on Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut.
I can’t say what the title is but it is very exciting and is for an absolute top notch publisher.
This game will be credited Tantalus … it’s not an MA / 18 or ‘hard core’ game which ME-3 and DX:HR are.
- January 6, 2014

We’re doing that. It hasn’t been announced, but it will be soon. And can I just further add to the mystique and say that it’s big. It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. And it’ll come out this year, and I hope it won’t disappoint.
-February 26, 2015

From this informations we can say that game is from 2013. or earlier, its not hard core and its bigger then ME-3 and DX:HR.
Big chances are that this is Minecraft.

http://nintendoeverything.com/tantalus-new-wii-u-game-is-a-port-for-an-absolute-top-notch-publisher-not-a-mature-game/
http://nintendoeverything.com/tantalus-wii-u-port-will-be-announced-soon-coming-out-this-year-studios-biggest-project-yet/

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
bigtakilla said:

Fatal Frame V. It's not announced Worldwide yet and we keep getting hints by people that it will come out.

They wouldn't use a porting studio to do a localization.

OT: As I said in the other thread, The Sims 4 fits all the criteria.  Except it's from EA.

Goodbye dreams.... 

curl-6 said:
maxleresistant said:
I think it will be Project Cars

Not impossible, but isn't it something as yet unannounced though? Project Cars has been announced for Wii U for years.

I think that tantalus meant to say that there participation is unannounced, not the game itself.

Anyway, the main reason I said Project Cars is because I don't think the developper of project cars will handle the WiiU version. I think they have recently hired another studio to do it, and that it will be released by the end of the year. But that's is just a theory.

Giggs_11 said:
curl-6 said:

Not impossible, but isn't it something as yet unannounced though? Project Cars has been announced for Wii U for years.

That and I don't see how Project Cars is bigger than Mass Effect or Deus Ex.

It's an already stablished franchise or a new franchise that sold millions and got a lot of media attention.

When a developper say a project is big, he often means in terms of scope and amount of work. Not necessarly sells or media attention.

I think people should really lower their expectations. Because it may also be a port of an old game that is not relevant anymore, we got a lot of those from third parties on WiiU

Since when is Project Cars an AAA game? Bigger than ME3? Haha.

I'm also not feeling Project Cars. That game doesn't tick all boxes for me and as far as we know the developer themselves is still handling the WiiU version, we haven't heard anything saying the contrary, and they are a tad bit mad after all.