By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake for the wii?

mrstickball said:
No. If they did a FF7 remake (which I believe they are), they'd put it on PS3 first, 360 second, Wii third. I am undecided if a real hardcore RPG can make it on the Wii. We'll find out when DQS comes out, but to me, FFXII:RW has done pitiful thus far on DS.

I don't know why you keep saying that FF12:RW is a hardcore RPG.  It's a bastardized RTS.  DQS is hardly a "hardcore" RPG either, more like a stripped-down barebones one.

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind seeing FF7 return on the Wii - but it would need some new features, or maybe another "sub" story. FF8/9 haven't had much love/attention lately either. I do think that a Wii remake would be more likely. A PS3/360 version would be such a mammoth task to do properly, I suspect they would rather do something completely new with the same resources. Anyway, who knows - SQE have opened the door to just about any possibility.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

How long exactly would a remake of FFVII take....seeing as Crisis Core has already been 2 years in development and is due out in September?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

If they are going to remake more Final Fantasies, I'd want them to go all the way up to 9. X was on the PS2, so there's no need to remake that or any afterward. I think 9 would be a good candidate for being on the DS, but I think 7 and 8 would need console renditions to do them justice.

Well, Nintendo have its own FF franchise, so why make a remake for the Wii ??

Around the Network

I think they won't do a remake for the wii, but maybe one for the ds which would be the most intelligent choice anyway in my opinion. After they have released I+II, IV, V and VI on the GBA and III on the DS they could also release VII, VIII and IX for the DS so people could play the whole series up to nine and would only have to buy one console.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

DQS is not a hardcore RPG at all it's apparently a hack and slash kids' game...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

WiiGirl76 said:

Sorry to say this but FF sucks on the PSP. Don't recommend this game if you own the PSX, GBA or other versions. Stick with them is my advice and save up your money for a Jeanne d'Arc or a Brave Story. Only buy the game when you have "never" played any of the FF / FFII versions and you don't bounce back for old school drama.

Therefore I hate to see a remake of FFVII as no matter how beautiful it will look like, they will bring the complete story and gameplay back, it will miss out something after all. Some sort of atmosphere which you only have in the original version, a kind of magic which you'll never get no matter what kind of restyling.

But for people who haven't played the old FF games this is great cause I'll get to play them in soem improved graphics :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I think we'll see a DS version well before we see a PS3 or Wii version.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Hell to the No!!