By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake for the wii?

I def. don't think so.

Around the Network

DS = smaller budget, more sales. Whether they could actually squeeze it onto DS is the question. Short of that, I'd see it on PS3 or PSP.

I'm just guessing that FF VII-IX will be ported to the DS, and the remade for the PSP (and possibly Wii), as the cost for those would be much lower than on HD systems.

And that PS3 tech demo means nothing about a remake. I guess some of you weren't around when the PS2 had a tech demo of FFVIII. No remake came of that on the PS2).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Well let's see. FFIII was on DS. Has sold very well. FFIV is already confirmed for the DS as well. DS is getting the next exclusive DQ9. Square-Enix has had nothing but great things to say about Nintendo. I would bet that if they could not fit it on the DS's capabilities it would go to the next largest userbase in Japan. That is....Wii and maybe the PS2 as well.

I'd like for the remake to be on the Wii since then I'd have a chance to actually play it. No way I'm gonna be buying a PS3 to play that game. It's simply too expensive.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Well let's see. FFIII was on DS. Has sold very well. FFIV is already confirmed for the DS as well. DS is getting the next exclusive DQ9. Square-Enix has had nothing but great things to say about Nintendo. I would bet that if they could not fit it on the DS's capabilities it would go to the next largest userbase in Japan. That is....Wii and maybe the PS2 as well.

FF 7:  Crisis Core is on PSP, a new FF game was just announced for PSP (rumored to be a fighting game including all FF characters), FF1 and FF2 are now being released on the PSP,  FF13 (both games) are on the PS3, The Last Remnant is on the PS3 and 360.  I'm not sure your points mean much.  If anything Square-Enix is proving to be very unpredictable.

mrstickball said:
No. If they did a FF7 remake (which I believe they are), they'd put it on PS3 first, 360 second, Wii third. I am undecided if a real hardcore RPG can make it on the Wii. We'll find out when DQS comes out, but to me, FFXII:RW has done pitiful thus far on DS.

PS3 is a flop in Japan, so no

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
mrstickball said:
No. If they did a FF7 remake (which I believe they are), they'd put it on PS3 first, 360 second, Wii third. I am undecided if a real hardcore RPG can make it on the Wii. We'll find out when DQS comes out, but to me, FFXII:RW has done pitiful thus far on DS.

Yeah, don't wait for all the games to come, just go ahead and call it...

windbane said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
mrstickball said:

Yeah, don't wait for all the games to come, just go ahead and call it...

Look at the Wii sales, look at the PS3 sales, there is no comparison, heck Wii Play sales are about as much as the entire software of PS3

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
mrstickball said:

So that's why Square-Enix is releasing FFXIII for the PS3 only and FFXIII Versus for the PS3 and 360.....Mmm...actually...how many Final Fantasy games have been announced for the Wii?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)