By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake for the wii?

Looking at how square-enix over looked the psp in favour of the ds when remaking final fantasy 3, well I predict that if they were ever to remake ff7 then I think they'd remake it for wii using the ff12 game engine. Think about it ff7+wii= a hell of alot of money for square-enix. Im not at all saying this is gonna happen, its just my opinion. What does every else think?

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

well it be nice if it did happen. My FFVII PC disc 3 is stuffed :( I bought it that way and by th time i got round to play the game and got to disc 3 it was out of warranty :(

No. If they did a FF7 remake (which I believe they are), they'd put it on PS3 first, 360 second, Wii third. I am undecided if a real hardcore RPG can make it on the Wii. We'll find out when DQS comes out, but to me, FFXII:RW has done pitiful thus far on DS.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

WII or PS3 (it most defenitely will release on the PS3 then, considering the Tech Demo which they've showed) I don't wish to see a remake of FFVII at all!! I'm so tired of all those remakes. That's what I think ;)

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

azzer100 said:
Looking at how square-enix over looked the psp in favour of the ds when remaking final fantasy 3, well I predict that if they were ever to remake ff7 then I think they'd remake it for wii using the ff12 game engine. Think about it ff7+wii= a hell of alot of money for square-enix. Im not at all saying this is gonna happen, its just my opinion. What does every else think?

The PSP wasn't overlooked...the PSP got Final Fantasy I & II and is getting the Final Fantasy VII branchoff Crisis Core as well as Final Fantasy Dissidia.

I think Square-Enix have decided that the PSP is getting enough of Final Fantasy seeing as potentially there could be 5 Final Fantasy games appearing on the PSP this year alone (the list above including Tactics).

Well anyway, I'm not sure if we'll see any more remakes seeing as FF IV is going on the DS as well, that would be some number of remakes in one year. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Sorry to say this but FF sucks on the PSP. Don't recommend this game if you own the PSX, GBA or other versions. Stick with them is my advice and save up your money for a Jeanne d'Arc or a Brave Story. Only buy the game when you have "never" played any of the FF / FFII versions and you don't bounce back for old school drama.

Therefore I hate to see a remake of FFVII as no matter how beautiful it will look like, they will bring the complete story and gameplay back, it will miss out something after all. Some sort of atmosphere which you only have in the original version, a kind of magic which you'll never get no matter what kind of restyling.

I agree...I'll certainly not be buying either FFI or FF2 on the PSP.

I'll consider FF Tactics and Dissidia

But I'll defo be getting Crisis Core.

I don't like the way that Square-Enix is producing all these remakes....I can live with Crisis Core being a branchoff, but, I don't want to see remakes.

I think Square-Enix will catch the drift when sales are pretty low....anyway...what are the sales like for FFIII on the DS? 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

FFIII was right at 1m on GBA, I believe.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a remake of FFVII for two reasons. The first is that maybe it will pacify FFVII fanboys for a little while and I won't have to hear them prattle on about how great the game is. The second reason is that maybe the game will actually turn out well this time. Maybe they could fix some of the plot holes and the god awful materia system.

@Davygee

If I'm not mistaken Dissidia is a 3D fighting game, not a RPG as I've seen from the Famitsu scans online, which turns out to be dissappointing to me. I thought as special anniversary release the game would at least have been a RPG.

Neither do I, FFIV has just been released on the GBA and now they're already making a new remake for the DS! That's the thing! The sales are always high when it comes to SE remakes, that is something that slightly pisses me off. Same with the International versions in Japan. From every single Square-Enix own created game a International version has been released since FFX. I thought with KH2 they would stop doing that as the US / EU versions didn't have too much extra's and no... they came with a International version and now also for FFXII. Worst part is that they fully charge for these games. And they sell it anyway so it's easily filling their pockets this way.