By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake for the wii?

davygee said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
mrstickball said:
No. If they did a FF7 remake (which I believe they are), they'd put it on PS3 first, 360 second, Wii third. I am undecided if a real hardcore RPG can make it on the Wii. We'll find out when DQS comes out, but to me, FFXII:RW has done pitiful thus far on DS.

PS3 is a flop in Japan, so no

So that's why Square-Enix is releasing FFXIII for the PS3 only and FFXIII Versus for the PS3 and 360.....Mmm...actually...how many Final Fantasy games have been announced for the Wii?

FF13 and versus were announced prior to the PS3's launch, before its floppage was truly realized, and Squenix is giving Wii some Dragon Quest love, even better in Japan than FF, we just have to wait and see if anything else is announced, but it painfully obvious that with the PS3's upcoming lineup in Japan and its price tag that the Wii has japan wrapped up at this point.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

FF13 and versus were announced prior to the PS3's launch, before its floppage was truly realized, and Squenix is giving Wii some Dragon Quest love, even better in Japan than FF, we just have to wait and see if anything else is announced, but it painfully obvious that with the PS3's upcoming lineup in Japan and its price tag that the Wii has japan wrapped up at this point.
That may be true, however, Square hasn't really announced anything for the Wii either. As much as I would like to have a main Final Fantasy game on the Wii, I'm not holding my breath. Seems as if it isn't the DS, the Playstation systems are getting all the love from Square. The 360 gets new games by default as it shares a lot with the PS3. I wouldn't even be surprised if FFXIII and Versus get 360 ports. Square could prove me wrong, but after this past Square event, the only new game announced for the Wii was Chocobo Dungeon, that tells me they don't really want to put any big named games on it. Best to get a PS3 or 360 for some FF love. -Darkness

Doubt it will come out for the Wii, even with ps3 bad sales in japan. Also even if they do actually have a ff7 remake it will not be a for a few years - so whatever state any console is in now it will probably not be the same in a few years. Also seeing as the tech demo was shown on the ps3 it leads me to beleive if the game is made it will come to the ps3

I think Square-Enix won't rush resources away from the PS3 too quickly. Even with their low sales, shifting your development weight in the middle of a generation is difficult, how are you going to convince people to buy your PS3 game (which is SE's biggest game) when you've shifted your resources to another console and alienated your fan base? Expect SE to show the Wii some love, but don't expect a quick, massive shift

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
I think Square-Enix won't rush resources away from the PS3 too quickly. Even with their low sales, shifting your development weight in the middle of a generation is difficult, how are you going to convince people to buy your PS3 game (which is SE's biggest game) when you've shifted your resources to another console and alienated your fan base? Expect SE to show the Wii some love, but don't expect a quick, massive shift

IMO you're totally on the ball.  Final Fantasy games generally take a while to make and going by the production time for Crisis Core alone, it seems that FFXIII could potentially be a 2-3 year project to come to fruition.

SE have obviously dedicated most of their resources on the DS, PSP, PS2 and PS3 and have only begun announcements for the Wii and 360.

It's pretty obvious that their Next Gen titles like FFXIII and Versus incur long development times and I cannot see them shifting their resources from these titles until they are released.

They also need to create a revenue stream and this much is noticed through the remakes on both the DS and PSP and this year alone will see at least 4, but quite possibly 5 PSP FF titles.  Once these titles along with FFIV on the DS have been released, what out for where their new games are heading.  You may well see a shift of some of the resources to the Wii, but don't expect to see a flood of games for a good few years yet.

Anyway, by that time, the PS3 could very well have picked up and FFXIII and Versus could be massive hits for the platform and maybe, just maybe SE may keep a large portion of their development resource with the PS3. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:

You may be right about the games underway already, but why would they start any new games for the PS3, when they can easily see the retail situation?  Companies are beholden to their shareholders and investors, and those people want profits and the PS3 is less likely to generate profits ongoing, 

it would make no sense to start new game, in fact the costs they've already spent are sunk costs, they shouldn't have any bearing on their future decisions

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)