By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most time you've ever put into a game

Minecraft. I have over 3000 hours invested into that game. I still play it daily.

Around the Network

somewhere between 200 - 300 hours in Kingdom Hearts 1 and Oblivion.  Brawl has around 200 hours i think too.

also surely a few hundred on WoW but my playtime is spread across a few different accounts so i have no real record.

i've never even reached 500 hours on a game that i can recall.

Life. I've played that game ever since i was born... still playing it today...

Closing in on 200 hours in Forza Horizon 2 will probably be over 200 hours by the end of this month. Also there are at least a dozen JRPG's that I played for over 100 hours but I'm only 100% percent certain about Lost Odyssey, FF7 and Breath of Fire 3. Also since I used to like sports game I'm sure there are over a dozen of them I played for over 100 hours.

I would say that it is probably Animal Crossing : New Leaf at about 416 hours (I think). Super Smash Bros. Brawl is probably the runner-up because I have put in about 250 hours into that game.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Destiny: 37 days...12 hours...21 minutes...

Anyone wanna raid? I'm aight.

Ha!

Like infinite time on RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 and SimCity 4 since I've been playing them pretty much continuesly since they both came out twelve years ago.

No way to know, but it's got to be many thousands of hours. Likely even over several tens-of-thousands of hours a piece and I'm not even exaggerating.

Another contender is Anno 1602, but that probably wouldn't beat the other two. It's half a decade older than both and I played it a lot as well, but it been some time now since I played it and I doubt I ever played it more consistently than RCT2 and SC4. Still an easy couple thousand hours. Fourth would likely be Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, which I used to play a lot of multiplayer, I wouldn't be surprised if that game also easily exceeds a thousand hours. After that probably Medieval: Total War and Rome: Total War, which should both hover around the number.

For games that actually count time, it's probably Empire: Total War at about 200 hours. Otherwise it's Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, I beat the game four times averaging 50 hours (the longest was a little over 60) a playthrough to also come to around 200 hours total which I'm pretty sure makes it my most played story-based game. Since time-keeping is relatively a newer thing, I don't have that many games that counted time and definitely not many games that actually lend themselves to playing for such lenghty stretches of time.

Runescape.

I don't play it anymore, but some of the quests have a good storyline in that game. And it has more complex bosses than a lot of AAA games lol.

Might subscribe again to play some of the new quests and world events. You can activally decide the outcome of the fate of gods in those mass events, it's pretty neat actually.

So far Bandos (War god) has been killed already. My favorite one is Zaros who finally returned to Gielinor after a long banishment.

But if you don't like grinding then RS is not for you, although they've made it a lot easier over the years.

In rough order of time played:

1. WoW
  2. Starcraft
  3. Diablo 2
  4. Diablo 3

Wait,  i think i see some type of pattern here...

by far Monster hunter 3U for wii u. Abt 1000 hours. Followed by dark souls 1.