By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the biggest myths in video gaming?

Groundking said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

The PS2 didn't create new gamers, however. The PS2 still mainly appealed to the male 14-35 demographic that the PS1 did. The Wii expanded it to new demographics. That's how the Wii saved gaming.

The NES barely got a release in Europe because in the 80s it was still recovering and dealing with Communism. Europe just wasn't ready, but if it was, the NES would have sold well there. Europe didn't become a valuable market in terms of sales til the mid 90s.

Then explain why PC gaming was, and still is, so large in Europe? You talk utter tripe. The NES did nothing for gaming, other than bringing the classic Nintendo IP's to the world.

I think this statement can easily be proven false.  That's kind of like saying that SEGA did nothing for gaming except for bringing Sonic to the world, or that Sony did nothing for gaming except help bring Spyro to the world. 

edit: I should probably more likely put it like SEGA Genesis and PS1.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Chubomik said:

I don't know, there aren't many Shigeru's or Sakurai's out there that would make gaming be what it is today.

Unless I were a multi-dimensional being or something, WHICH I'M TOTALLY NOT BY THE WAY

theres like what a billion people on Earth? But im not a multi-dimensional being either so who knows?

I'm not feeling you have that much of a sense of humor...