By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, MS and Nintendo - Which genre do you think their games are the best in?

Ryng_Tolu said:
GTAexpert said:

Nathan Drake and Kratos disagree with you.

-Uncharted is not a TPS (it have TPS steps, but the series is a action-adventure game)

-Cereza eat Kratos alive imo, Bayonetta is more fast, have more combo, Bayonetta during 10-12 hours or more, not 5-7, Bayonetta have best soundrack, and honestly, GoW starting to be boring after 1-2 hours, not a bad game, but not a masterpiece.

Sorry, but WTF? God Of War >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bayonetta in terms of everything. Its not a contest, God Of War is more epic, has better action and better story than Bayonetta. Its also 10-12 hours long unlike what you said.

Around the Network

Best at:
Nintendo: Platformers, Adventure/RPG, Party
Microsoft: Shooters
Sony: Action Adventure, Racing

I tried to pick what each is worst at, but I could only think of Microsoft being weak at Party games. I can think of some below average titles for Nintendo and Sony that belong to certain genres, but they also have titles in the same genre that counter their bad ones. But I don't think anyone buys Microsoft consoles for their party titles...

NNID: TanukiTrooper - PSN: MatrosRx - STEAM: TanukiTrooper

GTAexpert said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
GTAexpert said:

-Uncharted is not a TPS (it have TPS steps, but the series is a action-adventure game)

-Cereza eat Kratos alive imo, Bayonetta is more fast, have more combo, Bayonetta during 10-12 hours or more, not 5-7, Bayonetta have best soundrack, and honestly, GoW starting to be boring after 1-2 hours, not a bad game, but not a masterpiece.

Sorry, but WTF? God Of War >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bayonetta in terms of everything. Its not a contest, God Of War is more epic, has better action and better story than Bayonetta. Its also 10-12 hours long unlike what you said.

Hahahaha, NO CONTEST?

GoW during 10-12 hours? but where, hahahaha....unlike what YOU said, that is FACT, GoW isn't a game with +10h... sorry, i have already said why Bayonetta is better, the gameplay of Go is boring, Bayonetta have a much better gameplay, and the soundrack are better, just for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQm_PySHCk

Ryng_Tolu said:
GTAexpert said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
GTAexpert said:

Hahahaha, NO CONTEST?

GoW during 10-12 hours? but where, hahahaha....unlike what YOU said, that is FACT, GoW isn't a game with +10h... sorry, i have already said why Bayonetta is better, the gameplay of Go is boring, Bayonetta have a much better gameplay, and the soundrack are better, just for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQm_PySHCk

Lol uyou clearly never played God Of War, so your opinions don't matter. God Of War has way better gameplay than Bayonetta and a way more meaningful story, better narrative and has more epic scale. I don't care much about soundtrack, but the one in God Of War is still pretty good.

Also God Of War IS 10+ hours long and that is a fact.

GTAexpert said:

Lol uyou clearly never played God Of War, so your opinions don't matter. God Of War has way better gameplay than Bayonetta and a way more meaningful story, better narrative and has more epic scale. I don't care much about soundtrack, but the one in God Of War is still pretty good.

No dear, i never played The Order, but GoW yes, and my opinion cont unlike what you said...

Bayonetta is more fast and have more combo...

Maybe YOU have never played GoW, or you are seriusly slow to play a game, because how is possible that you have finish GoW in 10 hours? please...

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
GTAexpert said:

No dear, i never played The Order, but GoW yes, and my opinion cont unlike what you said...

Maybe YOU have never played GoW, or you are seriusly slow to play a game, because how is possible that you have finish GoW in 10 hours? please...

Lol which God Of War game did you play exactly? I'm talking about the main trilogy here not the PSP games. They are over 10 hours long, you clearly are joking.

Anyways, if fast was the only reaon for a  game to be better than the other, then Call Of Duty and all racing games would have been the best games in existence. Thing is, they are not. God Of War has slower but more methodical gameplay and I prefer that over the insanely over-the-top and completely incoherent moveset of Bayonetta. Bayonetta is fun, but God Of War is way more fun.

Also, God Of War has a story which makes sense and its very good, unlike Bayonetta's terrible story. God Of War III and Ascension have way better graphics than any Bayonetta game. God of War has much more epic boss battles as well.

GTAexpert said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
GTAexpert said:

Lol which God Of War game did you play exactly? I'm talking about the main trilogy here not the PSP games. They are over 10 hours long, you clearly are joking.

Anyways, if fast was the only reaon for a  game to be better than the other, then Call Of Duty and all racing games would have been the best games in existence. Thing is, they are not. God Of War has slower but more methodical gameplay and I prefer that over the insanely over-the-top and completely incoherent moveset of Bayonetta. Bayonetta is fun, but God Of War is way more fun.

Also, God Of War has a story which makes sense and its very good, unlike Bayonetta's terrible story. God Of War III and Ascension have way better graphics than any Bayonetta game. God of War has much more epic boss battles as well.

I never played GoW 2, and i haven't finished the 3th, but i played all the first.

It was a decent game, but nothing of fantastic...

Imo, GoW is fan for the first's hour's, after it starting to be boring, with Bayonetta i was NEVER bored, so yes, i think that is more fun.

Also, Bayonetta is more difficult.

JayWood2010 said:
Honestly they all have a wide variety of genres theyre good in whether it be Microsoft and KI, Forza, Halo, Gears, Ori, Phantom Dust, Lost Odyssey, Viva Pinata, etc or Sony and Uncharted, Sly Cooper, ICO, Gran Turismo, Etc you get my point.

But if we are going to go with most success

Microsoft - Shooters (Halo, Gears, Perfect Dark)
Sony - Action Adventure (Uncharted, InFamous, Shadow of the Collosus)
Nintendo - Platformers (Mario, Yoshi, Kirby)

This. I agree. 

Platinum - Hack n' Slash
Microsoft - RTS
EA - Sports games
Activision - Shooter
Sony - Adventure
Nintendo - Platformer
Naughty Dog - Story
Criterion Games - Racing
Square Enix - JRPG
Bethesda - WRPG
Epic Games - Arena Shooter

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

wangjingwanjia said:

Nintendo I could agree has the most great games in the most genres, and absolutely the very best games in a lot of genres, but they are in less genres than Sony and even MS.

RPG

Sony: ???

MS: ???

Nintendo: Xenoblade, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, Golden Sun

Party games

Sony: ???

MS: Viva Pinata Party Animals

Nintendo: Mario Party, Warioware, Wii Party

Racing

Sony: Gran Turismo, Driveclub, Modnation Racers, LittleBigPlanet Karting

MS: Forza

Nintendo: Mario Kart, F-Zero

Platformer

Sony: Tearaway, Sly, Jak & Daxter (dead?), LBP

MS: Banjo-Kazooie (does this even count anymore?)

Nintendo: Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby

Action adventure

Sony: Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, Shadow of the Colossus

MS: ???

Nintendo: Zelda, Metroid

FPS

Sony: Resistance, Killzone

MS: Halo

Nintendo: ???

TPS

Sony: I guess Uncharted and TLOU again?

MS: Gears of War