By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a game ever beat you?

No, never. The only cases where I lose is when I set up a goal for myself, intending to hone my skills and push the boundaries of virtual entertainment further than any video game developer would dare to go.

Games are designed with the common people in mind. They are designed so that even Average Joe will have little to no trouble achieving his goals if he puts enough time into understanding how the game works and amends his execution. Because of this, one who claims to be a gamer yet fails to turn up the games' difficulty a notch without experiencing setback after setback can be seen as nothing more than a failure. Not just as a self-proclaimed gamer, but as a being in a world where the fittest, more refined individuals prosper - while the weakest fall.

Around the Network

Ok I misspoke. Its the 3rd level that is the speeders. I forgot that the second level is where you're rappelling down the shaft with spikes and electricity. Its the 3rd level that kills me. I used to play it 2 players with my cousin and when he died, we would have to start all over again. The game was merciless at that part. If you were playing it 2 players both needed to be in sync and both would need a flawless run to complete it.

Final Fantasy 13. I got the end and couldn't beat the final boss. I couldn't stand the thought of training, and put it down, hopefully never to be picked up again... >: (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

MohammadBadir said:
Yeah, when I was in Soviet Russia.

Nice

Darksiders. At one point u gotta throw something to do something. I could not do it after 100s of tries. I decided that it was so stupid that it was not even worth the time to look up how to do it. Despite liking the game.

Around the Network

Rome 2 Total War. Lusitani campaign, Very Hard difficulty. Too many enemies, not enough resources.

Yay!!!

I've never quit a game for being too hard, but I have for being too bad.

One game: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! I was 6 when I played it and I couldn't get those god damn fucking orbs near the end of the game. It was the first time I experienced rage at a game that I actually broke the disc in half on purpose. Of course I regret it now, but yeah that's the first and last time that a game truly beat me.

Pokemon Yellow also annoyed me but for a different reason. I didn't know back then that you had to trade some Pokemon to get the final evolution and I grinded my Graveler to Level 100 hoping at some point he'd evolve into a Golem. I was pretty choked when I found out I just needed to trade the damn thing.

Cloudman said:
Final Fantasy 13. I got the end and couldn't beat the final boss. I couldn't stand the thought of training, and put it down, hopefully never to be picked up again... >: (

I don't remember doing any extra training at the end of FFXIII. However in FFXIII-2 it's pretty much a requirement as the boss is overpowered beyond belief.

My Gran Turismo 4 file stays at 9x.x% completion because I respect myself as a gamer. I'm not going spend 8 hours babysitting the game while it masturbates.