By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA thinks EA access isn't good value to its costumers

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Does anybody actually use Origin though?

Anyone who owns a PC and likes good games.

Isn't that what Steam is for?

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

True. EA's humble bundle makes EA Access look like crap though.

mysteryman said:
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

EAs newer games are not available in steam anymore.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

DonFerrari said:

You can't say they don't compare and them justify they don't offering EA Access on PC at the same time...

If they aren't the same why wouldn't EA offer it on PC? It's an open platform where they can offer it anyway they want.

I.. don't even know what the first part of this is trying to say.

And we all know the PC is an open platform where publishers can offer their content however they want. See: Origin.

EA Access is the closest EA can come to Origin on consoles. They don't need to put it on PC because they already have Origin. Also, PC gamers have already proven they don't care for these types of subscription services. You think PS+ is a great value, but with its loads of indie titles and perks PC gamers are long used to, PC gamers wouldn't give a crap about the service.

This is obvious to anyone with PC gaming experience. I take it you never game on PC? It's a whole different world market wise.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

You can't say they don't compare and them justify they don't offering EA Access on PC at the same time...

If they aren't the same why wouldn't EA offer it on PC? It's an open platform where they can offer it anyway they want.

And we all know the PC is an open platform where publishers can offer their content however they want. See: Origin.

EA Access is the closest EA can come to Origin on consoles. They don't need to put it on PC because they already have Origin. Also, PC gamers have already proven they don't care for these types of subscription services. You think PS+ is a great value, but with its loads of indie titles and perks PC gamers are long used to, PC gamers wouldn't give a crap about the service.

This is obvious to anyone with PC gaming experience. I take it you never game on PC? It's a whole different world market wise.

Ok. So you agree that EA access isn't greAt value compared to steam, Origin and ps+.

Seems like costumers don't bother enough with it since it barely tipped the scale in favour of x1 against ps4. It also seems like Sony have a good idea of most of its costumers want.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Ok. So you agree that EA access isn't greAt value compared to steam, Origin and ps+.

Seems like costumers don't bother enough with it since it barely tipped the scale in favour of x1 against ps4. It also seems like Sony have a good idea of most of its costumers want.

Steam and Origin are free. What "value" are you referring to?

As for EA Access and its value compared to PS+, you'd have to ask Sony. Apparently they thought it was close enough that it would threaten their own service.

And why would an optional subscription service like this have a huge affect on the console sales, lol? Talk about a reach. Hilarious.

I see you don't deny not gaming on PC and knowing little about that market. Makes sense given the talk in this thread. My last reply on the matter.

It only has good value if you actually play ALL of those games.

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Actually EA said EA Access was performing beyound their expectations..  How is not offering more OPTIONS to SAVE MONEY and PLAY MORE GAMES not a "good idea" for customers..    Sony did NOT think about their customers when declining EA ACCESS.. they thought about THEIR PROFITS.. plain and simple. Give me one GOOD reason why EA ACCESS is a BAD thing for customers???   You literally could save hundreds of dollars each year with it..  they are adding games on almost a MONTHLY basis..   NBA 2015 hit EA ACCESS less then 6 months after release (most people thought it would be MUCH longer before titles hit it)..  So right now for $29.99 a year.. you get access to games that would cost you at MINIMUM (meaning even if you bought them used) $120...  and as they add more titles.. it becomes an even greater value because the subsctiption fee was still only $29.99 a year..     anyone who picks the $4.99/month is an idiot..   Why pay double for it.. 

Also..   we did not even discuss the 10% you get off al EA purchases with EA ACCESS.. or the FREE TRIAL (6 to 10 hours) you get for NEW EA games BEFORE THEY EVEN COME OUT.    Example.. Battlefield: Hardline..   EA ACCESS members get to start playing it for free 5 days before release.. They get 10 hours of gameplay... and their progress moves over to the game if they purhcase it..     

So.. again..  how is this not all WELL WORTH $29.99 a year?

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:
DonFerrari said:

Actually EA said EA Access was performing beyound their expectations..  How is not offering more OPTIONS to SAVE MONEY and PLAY MORE GAMES not a "good idea" for customers..    Sony did NOT think about their customers when declining EA ACCESS.. they thought about THEIR PROFITS.. plain and simple. Give me one GOOD reason why EA ACCESS is a BAD thing for customers???   You literally could save hundreds of dollars each year with it..  they are adding games on almost a MONTHLY basis..   NBA 2015 hit EA ACCESS less then 6 months after release (most people thought it would be MUCH longer before titles hit it)..  So right now for $29.99 a year.. you get access to games that would cost you at MINIMUM (meaning even if you bought them used) $120...  and as they add more titles.. it becomes an even greater value because the subsctiption fee was still only $29.99 a year..     anyone who picks the $4.99/month is an idiot..   Why pay double for it.. 

Also..   we did not even discuss the 10% you get off al EA purchases with EA ACCESS.. or the FREE TRIAL (6 to 10 hours) you get for NEW EA games BEFORE THEY EVEN COME OUT.    Example.. Battlefield: Hardline..   EA ACCESS members get to start playing it for free 5 days before release.. They get 10 hours of gameplay... and their progress moves over to the game if they purhcase it..     

So.. again..  how is this not all WELL WORTH $29.99 a year?

Again I ask if the proposition is so good to customer why haven't they put it on PC as well?

PS+ gives more discount on any game than 10%

The Free Trial is quite limited, even when they allow you to play 6-10h it is for like one mode, 1-2 levels, etc... that used to be know as DEMO and was free.

For 50 a year you got 72 games on PS+

So when they say it isn't the kind of value their costumer expect you can see why. And if costumers really wanted it they would be flooding sony with requests, which doesn't seem like the case. And they also preffer to buy PS4 instead of the console that offers it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

WorldBreakerHulk said:
mysteryman said:

EAs newer games are not available in steam anymore.

I don't see the problem.