By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA thinks EA access isn't good value to its costumers

DonFerrari said:
cpg716 said:

Actually EA said EA Access was performing beyound their expectations..  How is not offering more OPTIONS to SAVE MONEY and PLAY MORE GAMES not a "good idea" for customers..    Sony did NOT think about their customers when declining EA ACCESS.. they thought about THEIR PROFITS.. plain and simple. Give me one GOOD reason why EA ACCESS is a BAD thing for customers???   You literally could save hundreds of dollars each year with it..  they are adding games on almost a MONTHLY basis..   NBA 2015 hit EA ACCESS less then 6 months after release (most people thought it would be MUCH longer before titles hit it)..  So right now for $29.99 a year.. you get access to games that would cost you at MINIMUM (meaning even if you bought them used) $120...  and as they add more titles.. it becomes an even greater value because the subsctiption fee was still only $29.99 a year..     anyone who picks the $4.99/month is an idiot..   Why pay double for it.. 

Also..   we did not even discuss the 10% you get off al EA purchases with EA ACCESS.. or the FREE TRIAL (6 to 10 hours) you get for NEW EA games BEFORE THEY EVEN COME OUT.    Example.. Battlefield: Hardline..   EA ACCESS members get to start playing it for free 5 days before release.. They get 10 hours of gameplay... and their progress moves over to the game if they purhcase it..     

So.. again..  how is this not all WELL WORTH $29.99 a year?

Again I ask if the proposition is so good to customer why haven't they put it on PC as well?

PS+ gives more discount on any game than 10%

The Free Trial is quite limited, even when they allow you to play 6-10h it is for like one mode, 1-2 levels, etc... that used to be know as DEMO and was free.

For 50 a year you got 72 games on PS+

So when they say it isn't the kind of value their costumer expect you can see why. And if costumers really wanted it they would be flooding sony with requests, which doesn't seem like the case. And they also preffer to buy PS4 instead of the console that offers it.

The trial is not limited to one or two levels. You don't even know what EA Access offers. The trial for most games has been the complete game or certain modes. That is why the time limit is set between 6 to 10 hours.

how would consumers know the value of something they don't have? How do you know people aren't requesting Sony to add this benefit? Why do you keep comparing it to PS Plus? It is not the same as that or even Xbox Gold. Madden 2015 was just added today .. Games on EA Access are not years old or cheap indie titles which on PS4 and X1 is pretty much all the free games have been.

we have explained to you why Ea Access isn't needed on PC. The PC is not a walled garden like the console space. How is not giving consumers another cheap way to play games a good thing !?  You never answered how you though anything about EA Access is bad.. It is not as if PS Plus goes away if they add EA Access. This is not the same anyways.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
WorldBreakerHulk said:

EAs newer games are not available in steam anymore.

I don't see the problem.

Well, many people like me still want to play the DragonAge, Battlefield, Masseffect and DeadSpace franchise.

Huge discounts from time to time, you can return digitally purchased game wihtin 24 hour after you first launch the game(better than steams return policy) and It gives free games quite often. I got Battlefield 3, Deadspace 1, Plants vs Zombies 1, Wing Commander 3, Sim city 2000 special ed, Theme Hospital, Syndicate, Bejeweled 3, Peggle and Crusader No Remorse all for free. I don't see much cons for installing Origin, which is free in the 1st place btw.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah