By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN's updated top 25 3DS games

Good List! Top 3 mimics my own views

Around the Network

What a terrible list.

Teeqoz said:
MDMAlliance said:

I don't get that logic, given how well received Shovel Knight was.

I don't care how well recieved it was, because the game was mediocre at best.

Except you should care if you're going to use it being on a top 25 list as a reason to believe that the 3DS doesn't have many good games.

MDMAlliance said:
Teeqoz said:

I don't care how well recieved it was, because the game was mediocre at best.

Except you should care if you're going to use it being on a top 25 list as a reason to believe that the 3DS doesn't have many good games.

Did you see the second paragraph of my post? You know, the one where I said "not really"? I'm not saying the 3DS has a crappy library. I'm not even saying that the 3DS has few worthwhile games. I'm just saying that SK doesn't deserve to be number 8 on that list. For the record I have played the game, which is a much better metric for how much I like it, than how well received it is amongst critics is. It could have 100 on metacritic, but I wouldn't like it more.

Surprised to see no ORAS. Other than that, I think it was a good list overall. I also think Bravely Default should have been a little higher.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
MDMAlliance said:

Did you see the second paragraph of my post? You know, the one where I said "not really"? I'm not saying the 3DS has a crappy library. I'm not even saying that the 3DS has few worthwhile games. I'm just saying that SK doesn't deserve to be number 8 on that list. For the record I have played the game, which is a much better metric for how much I like it, than how well received it is amongst critics is. It could have 100 on metacritic, but I wouldn't like it more.

I didn't mention anything about how you feel about the game or how you SHOULD feel about the game.  I figured you played it given you think it's mediocre at best.  That doesn't change that, even in your second "paragraph" (is it really a paragraph?) of your post, you still said in it that the 3DS "can't have many worthwhile games."

garretslarrity said:
Surprised to see no ORAS. Other than that, I think it was a good list overall. I also think Bravely Default should have been a little higher.

Remember the whole 7.8/10 thing with IGN and ORAS? That's why it's not on the list...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I don't pay much attention myself to the order of these lists, but rather focus on content. And as far as that goes, it's a great list. Got a number of games up there I need to get myself.

the_dengle said:
Kind of weird that they chose X/Y over ORAS. I thought that was considered the better game.

ORAS is better. My problem with it was the difficulty, if they kept the emerald level difficulty then I would have loved it even more.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

huh, no love for Layton?