By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Wii U AAA Game Port while XBO/PS4 are getting a wii u port XD

curl-6 said:
Materia-Blade said:

Square enix never said that, it was just made up clickbait BS. Go ahead and check it. Besides, Wii U does have open gl for DX 11, just like ps4.

We know from Black Forest games that Wii U supports "some PC-like dx10/dx11-like systems like geometry shaders" though obviously it won't be as extensive a featureset as on PS4. 

That said, devs have ported plenty of PS4/Xbone games to the DX9-equivalent PS3 and 360, so Wii U should be well within reach.

I'd be very, very surprised if it was FF15 though.

If its FFXV I would birth kittens. It would be that shocking to me.

Around the Network

I'm starting to think maybe it could be Destiny. That would fit the bill; AAA, not M rated, "biggest thing we've ever worked on".

I'd be disappointed if it was though, I really dislike Destiny.

curl-6 said:

I'm starting to think maybe it could be Destiny. That would fit the bill; AAA, not M rated, "biggest thing we've ever worked on".

Do they consider Destiny hardcore though?

I personally think it's casual as hell, but they may think guns = hardcore. In this case, I hope they do.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
curl-6 said:

Do they consider Destiny hardcore though?

I personally think it's casual as hell, but they may think guns = hardcore. In this case, I hope they do.

I agree that it is pretty casual, but yeah, sadly much of the industry still clings to the juvenile mindset that M-rating = hardcore.

curl-6 said:

Makes sense. It's a Sci-fi shooter just like Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex. Has a larger scope than either of those 2 games and is rated Teen. Plus even though Activision hasn't brought Cod AW to Wii U, they haven't officially said they would stop making mature games or games at all like Ubisoft and EA did. If true, it makes me wonder why Activision would bother.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Except we don't know if Wii U is a direct match for DX11, just that it has some DX10 and DX11 features. The exact specs of Wii U's GPU have not been confirmed, so we can only guess.

I don't know if you know this but shin'en has implied that the WII U has hardware support for tessellation and it could only mean one thing and one thing only ... 

The latte likely supports Direct3D feature level 11_0 which means being a DX11 equivalent GPU. 

The only thing I can think of for the PS4/XBO port of a Wii U game that actually makes sense is Lego City. It's the only one I think of that would actually pay off financially. The Lego brand, and it's games, are big on all 3 consoles. And open world games are all the rage. So, a Lego open world game would sell quite nicely on the PS4/XBO.

As for the port to Wii U, not really sure. Destiny may be right, given that is is their "biggest thing" they have ever worked on. It does seem like it would take a bit more resources and time to get a online shooter the scale of Destiny to work on the Wii U, at least compared to something like Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex. Or maybe they are handling a port of Batman: AK. Maybe rated Teen for Wii U.

I bet it's Spongebob Heropants ...

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

Except we don't know if Wii U is a direct match for DX11, just that it has some DX10 and DX11 features. The exact specs of Wii U's GPU have not been confirmed, so we can only guess.

I don't know if you know this but shin'en has implied that the WII U has hardware support for tessellation and it could only mean one thing and one thing only ... 

The latte likely supports Direct3D feature level 11_0 which means being a DX11 equivalent GPU. 

I actually missed that one, very interesting. Thanks.

So if Latte is equivalent to DX11_0, what about PS4's GPU?

curl-6 said:

I actually missed that one, very interesting. Thanks.

So if Latte is equivalent to DX11_0, what about PS4's GPU?

It's a possible match for the early draft of Direct3D feature level 11_3/12_0 but as of now it's officially at feature level 11_1 ...

Direct3D 11.2 does not have a specific feature level since Tiled Resources is optional ...