By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Wii U AAA Game Port while XBO/PS4 are getting a wii u port XD

spemanig said:
I'm calling Funky Barn for XBO/PS4 and Kingdom Hearts for Wii U.

I don't see why anyone would think it would be DQ X when it hasn't even been localized, and Tantilus only, to my knowledge, does games in english. They aren't a localization team.

Kingdom Hearts, oddly enough, seems like one of the most likely candidates. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
wait
what if its AAA shovelware

The order??? just kidding, somebody had to say it :)

cycycychris said:

Guitar Hero does sound most probable to me. And I think the port from Wii U will probably be either a indie game or Zombie U.

I don't think ti's the game this rumour is referring to, but Stealth Inc 2 has been confimed for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita today.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Most I can think of are rated M. Witcher 3 is out. I was kind of hoping for tomb raider, but it's rated M. So Destiny is actually still in the running as it's T. Not too sure.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Skullwaker said:

Kingdom Hearts, oddly enough, seems like one of the most likely candidates. 

It would be one step closer to KH3 on the Wii U... *he hopes desperately*

Around the Network

I´m seeing Kingdom Hearts 3, is kind of "childish", is a new gen AAA game, and is from square enix like Deus Ex, the other Tantalus port for WiiU. So.... get Hyped

What else could it be other than Zombie U?

AC unity and Zombii U

cycycychris said:
Mystro-Sama said:
What else could it be other than Zombie U?

Funky Barn, the IP the studio owns.

That would be really lame. lol

It might be worth mentioning that Square Enix announced Dragon Quest Heroes for PS4 yesterday, so Dragon Quest X might be a possible release for the system in the future.

As for the games to be ported Wii-U -> PS4/Xbone at hand, I had a look at a list of all Wii-U games and honestly I couldn't see anything big that stood out that wasn't already on another platform, buried at the back at the eshop (i'm assuming by "AAA" they mean a retail release), or made by Nintendo themselves. The exceptions which -could- be ported to the real 8th gen systems...

• Zombi-U is possible by using a tablet (Xbone) or PS Vita (PS4) as the second screen. However it means owning and linking two devices and could be clumsy to use, so is unlikely unless they change the game drastically. In addition Ubisoft made a huge loss on Zombi-U.
  • Sonic Lost World & Sonic Boom probably won't happen, because - the exclusivity agreement aside - SEGA are getting out of making games for consoles right now. In addition, both games sold terribly on the Wii-U.
  • The various Dancing/Minigame/Fitness shovelware games are a big possibility, as if they are released at a budget price (~£20 in the UK) they'll sell as cheap family entertainment.
  • Dragon Quest X is possible but unlikely due to Dragon Quest Heroes.
  • Bayonetta hasn't got a port to Gen 8 systems yet, but the series is pretty much cemented on Nintendo platforms.
The question of which game will be ported PS4/Xbone -> Wii-U, we can deduce which are possible by which companies are still actively developing for the console.
  • EA (EA Sports, Dragon Age) and Ubisoft (Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs) are out as they have abandoned the console.
  • Take 2 (GTA5), Bethesda (Wolfenstein, Skyrim), Deep Silver (Dead Island, Saints Row) never developed for it.
  • Activision (Destiny) have scaled down support after horribly low game sales.
  • SEGA (Sonic) are getting out of console game development and focusing on Smartphones.
  • Mojang (Minecraft) were bought by Microsoft, and already had said they'd not develop for the Wii-U.
  • Disney Interactive (Disney Infinity) have no exclusives on PS4/Xbone.
  • Konami, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Warner Brothers Interactive, Tecmo Koei are the remaining big publishers.
Judging by the remaining lot and by the Wii-U's capabilities, its probably going to be a last gen remake/port as there's lower risk porting an already established game.
I'm going to say something like a port of Tomb Raider for Wii-U, and a heavily modified Zombi-U (with the second screen removed) for PS4/Xbone.

Flash Sentry's #1 Fan (unofficially).