By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Wii U AAA Game Port while XBO/PS4 are getting a wii u port XD

silvergunner said:

It might be worth mentioning that Square Enix announced Dragon Quest Heroes for PS4 yesterday, so Dragon Quest X might be a possible release for the system in the future.

As for the games to be ported Wii-U -> PS4/Xbone at hand, I had a look at a list of all Wii-U games and honestly I couldn't see anything big that stood out that wasn't already on another platform, buried at the back at the eshop (i'm assuming by "AAA" they mean a retail release), or made by Nintendo themselves. The exceptions which -could- be ported to the real 8th gen systems...

• Zombi-U is possible by using a tablet (Xbone) or PS Vita (PS4) as the second screen. However it means owning and linking two devices and could be clumsy to use, so is unlikely unless they change the game drastically. In addition Ubisoft made a huge loss on Zombi-U.
  • Sonic Lost World & Sonic Boom probably won't happen, because - the exclusivity agreement aside - SEGA are getting out of making games for consoles right now. In addition, both games sold terribly on the Wii-U.
  • The various Dancing/Minigame/Fitness shovelware games are a big possibility, as if they are released at a budget price (~£20 in the UK) they'll sell as cheap family entertainment.
  • Dragon Quest X is possible but unlikely due to Dragon Quest Heroes.
  • Bayonetta hasn't got a port to Gen 8 systems yet, but the series is pretty much cemented on Nintendo platforms.
The question of which game will be ported PS4/Xbone -> Wii-U, we can deduce which are possible by which companies are still actively developing for the console.
  • EA (EA Sports, Dragon Age) and Ubisoft (Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs) are out as they have abandoned the console.
  • Take 2 (GTA5), Bethesda (Wolfenstein, Skyrim), Deep Silver (Dead Island, Saints Row) never developed for it.
  • Activision (Destiny) have scaled down support after horribly low game sales.
  • SEGA (Sonic) are getting out of console game development and focusing on Smartphones.
  • Mojang (Minecraft) were bought by Microsoft, and already had said they'd not develop for the Wii-U.
  • Disney Interactive (Disney Infinity) have no exclusives on PS4/Xbone.
  • Konami, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Warner Brothers Interactive, Tecmo Koei are the remaining big publishers.
Judging by the remaining lot and by the Wii-U's capabilities, its probably going to be a last gen remake/port as there's lower risk porting an already established game.
I'm going to say something like a port of Tomb Raider for Wii-U, and a heavily modified Zombi-U (with the second screen removed) for PS4/Xbone.

When did they ever say anything about the the PS4/XBO port would be AAA? That was only said about the Wii U port.

And there's pretty much no way it's DQX as the team in question isn't a localization team, and DQX hasn't been localized yet. They've only worked on english games, to my knowledge. 

Around the Network

I'm starting to become disinterested in the Wii U port already as the parameters aren't encouraging.

I dislike Kingdom Hearts and Destiny, and it not being M-rated rules out the few possibilities I might actually buy, like Tomb Raider, Advanced Warfare, or Arkham Knight.

Most AAA games these days are unappealing to me.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 --> Wii U

Wii U --> XBO/PS4 is obviously Bayo 2, right?

Please understand that was a joke.

To say the true, the only thing I can think of is of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5, and the reason why it is taking so long is because they are making the handheld games fully playable instead of only movies. Seeing how Tantalus has worked with SE before, it woldn't be surprising, plus Nomura promised one KH game per year, and in 2 days it will already be March, and we do not know anything about this year's KH game, a port of the collections to Wii U wouldn't be that out of place and make complete sense, aside of helping Nomura fulfill his promise, outsource the porting to a outside company, while the main company's studios work in KH3.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Tlozjb said:
To say the true, the only thing I can think of is of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5, and the reason why it is taking so long is because they are making the handheld games fully playable instead of only movies. Seeing how Tantalus has worked with SE before, it woldn't be surprising, plus Nomura promised one KH game per year, and in 2 days it will already be March, and we do not know anything about this year's KH game, a port of the collections to Wii U wouldn't be that out of place and make complete sense, aside of helping Nomura fulfill his promise, outsource the porting to a outside company, while the main company's studios work in KH3.

I wonder if 1.5 and 2.5 come to Wii U, is it possible that 3 could come as well? Squeenix said a while back that they couldn't just because the Wii U doesn't support DirectX 11. But neither does the PS4 (it's a Microsoft technology). They haven't commented on it since then, so who knows what has been going on behind closed doors?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Tlozjb said:

I wonder if 1.5 and 2.5 come to Wii U, is it possible that 3 could come as well? Squeenix said a while back that they couldn't just because the Wii U doesn't support DirectX 11. But neither does the PS4 (it's a Microsoft technology). They haven't commented on it since then, so who knows what has been going on behind closed doors?

Well it is possible, the game doesn't look that demanding, seeing how it will most probably still be the whole gummi ship mechanic to get through the worlds, so loading one world at a time shouldn't put that much force to the console, specially for one that can pull something like XCX off, though they would probably outsource it to someone who knows the Wii U's tech a bit better.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Skullwaker said:
cycycychris said:
Guys, no M rated games(for the port to Wii U). That was debunked when we first learned of this.

Also, Bayo 2 and Lego city are not leaving Nintendo. They are all funded, published, and part developed by Nintendo. And Bayo 2 stands 0 chance of leaving. Maybe Lego has a end, but I doubt Nintendo would stand for doing that.

But the Xbone and PS4 is Funky Barn. It's the studios IP, they are taking it for a little cash grab.

Welp. I have no clue then. Pretty much all of PS4/XBO's big games are M-rated, aside from exclusives like LBP3. I give up.

They didn't say it's a game that was already released. It's probably a game in development for all 8th gen platforms and tantalus are the ones porting. I'm hoping for Final Fantasy 15 and/or Kingdom Hearts 3. They match the non M rated thing and are from a company that tantalus already worked with.

Skullwaker said:
Tlozjb said:

Square enix never said that, it was just made up clickbait BS. Go ahead and check it. Besides, Wii U does have open gl for DX 11, just like ps4.

Materia-Blade said:
Square enix never said that, it was just made up clickbait BS. Go ahead and check it. Besides, Wii U does have open gl for DX 11, just like ps4.

Yeah, I know the Wii U and PS4 have it, it's just not directly called that. And it's really fake? Huh. That's interesting. That means they haven't openly lied to excuse its absence. Good news.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I think its gonna be Mortal Kombat X, as odd as that might sound on a Nintendo system. Revelations 2 is quite a good one too.