By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest IX sales?

Will this game break 3 Million in Japan>/>???

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

it's possible. it will sell 2 million base on the name along.

if it's as bad as the Dragon Quest Sword, it will probably sell only 2 million

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

We are talking about the main series here, not a spin-off so I will go with at least 3.5 million units sold. Considering the huge install base of Nintendo´s Dual Screen I´d actually go as high as 4.5 million.

Lots because its Dragon Quest and part of the main series. As far as im conserned if the game doesnt sell more then 2.5 million its a flop. The game should easily pass 3.5 million and go and sell up to 5 million.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Frozen said:
Will this game break 3 Million in Japan>/>???

First day?

Around the Network

Joke post? DQ games historically rarely sell less than 4 million copies. I'd guess 4.5mil at a minimum, a lot more if it's a particularly good entry like DQ7 was (yes, DQ7 was considered stellar; the standards for a DQ game are totally different in Japan than in the US).

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Louie said:
We are talking about the main series here, not a spin-off so I will go with at least 3.5 million units sold. Considering the huge install base of Nintendo´s Dual Screen I´d actually go as high as 4.5 million.

FFX-2 (a clear spin-off) sold over 2 million copies in Japan alone.

What will work against it is that DQ will be on a completely different platform. DS has been getting tons of spin-off from SE before, I wonder if people will consider the game a DQ series lite.

Yes, I used the "L" word. 

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

I think it would easily sell over 3million >_>

kingofwale said:
Louie said:

What will work against it is that DQ will be on a completely different platform. DS has been getting tons of spin-off from SE before, I wonder if people will consider the game a DQ series lite.

A spin off that was still in the same genre of game.

Kasz216 said:
kingofwale said:
Louie said:

A spin off that was still in the same genre of game.

exactly, no different than DQ on DS as oppose to on home console like it has always been.

selnor
Episode 2: