By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Review of Final Fantasy Dimensions - vivster has fun with the thing in his pants

vivster said:
Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:
Very nice summary. While I don't go full Euphoria, there's some quality games on mobile.

No doubt. I game more on my iphone than anything else.

Its fantastic for games like this.

OT: Good review. Now get to the other FF titles. They've even been updated to included full controller support if touchscreen isn't your thing. 

SE on mobiles is one of the few things they have been doing right. Can't wait for Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius.

I wanted to play FFV after this to see if it still holds up as my favorite of the first 6. But then stupid BraLoD came and made me put an emulator on my phone. So now I have to play FFVIII first.

I really hate the "updated" models they did for FF5, but if you can stomach that, it's pretty fun.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

I really hate the "updated" models they did for FF5, but if you can stomach that, it's pretty fun.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/20/final-fantasy-v-gets-dimensions-style-make-over-for-ios-and-android/

Looks alright to me. The good thing is, the only thing I remember from FFV is that I think it's great and has a job system and Omega Weapon kicking my ass.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
outlawauron said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/20/final-fantasy-v-gets-dimensions-style-make-over-for-ios-and-android/

Looks alright to me. The good thing is, the only thing I remember from FFV is that I think it's great and has a job system and Omega Weapon kicking my ass.

Felt like it all was very cheaply done. LIke something a high school kid would have done for a graphic design class. The PSP remakes were much better imo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
vivster said:

Felt like it all was very cheaply done. LIke something a high school kid would have done for a graphic design class. The PSP remakes were much better imo.

Not sure about FFV, but FFVI has similar styled sprites. They are even made by the same sprite artist who made the originals in the SNES version from what I have read. They are designed to match the artwork that you can find in the game manual for the PS1 title (Never owned the SNES version so don't know if the artwork is present there as well).

I like how they look in FFVI on mobile.

Sprite:

Sprite artwork found in PS1 game manual:

*Fuddy Duddy*

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Saw something about fantastical dimensions of fun in your pants as a headline, but quickly grew bored once I opened the thread.

Very disappointing