By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Review of Final Fantasy Dimensions - vivster has fun with the thing in his pants

vivster said:
Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:
Very nice summary. While I don't go full Euphoria, there's some quality games on mobile.

No doubt. I game more on my iphone than anything else.

Its fantastic for games like this.

OT: Good review. Now get to the other FF titles. They've even been updated to included full controller support if touchscreen isn't your thing. 

SE on mobiles is one of the few things they have been doing right. Can't wait for Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius.

I wanted to play FFV after this to see if it still holds up as my favorite of the first 6. But then stupid BraLoD came and made me put an emulator on my phone. So now I have to play FFVIII first.

Emulator? Oooh, such a dirty little pirate you are.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I do own the actual PS1 game. So fuck the police!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Euphoria14 said:

Expected answer, so with that...

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
vivster said:

Then let me just buy it and make a photo of it so you know I said the truth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Euphoria14 said:
vivster said:

Then let me just buy it and make a photo of it so you know I said the truth.

No need to. I'm a filthy pirate too.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Nope, owning it. I also bought the PS1/2 game of FFIX and FFX/-2 just because I wanted to own it. Even though I never even owned a PS1 or PS2. Were the first things I played with my PS3 along with FFXII.

FFVII I only own as a digital PSN copy because it's not worth the space on my shelf.

When it comes to FF, I have unlimited funds.

vivster said:
Euphoria14 said:

Nope, owning it. I also bought the PS1/2 game of FFIX and FFX/-2 just because I wanted to own it. Even though I never even owned a PS1 or PS2. Were the first things I played with my PS3 along with FFXII.

FFVII I only own as a digital PSN copy because it's not worth the space on my shelf.

Yeah, screw FFVII. You did the right thing and gave that shelf space to FFIX. Out of all the physical copies of FF that I bought, IX the only one I still own.

I want BraLoD to play FFIX.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
vivster said:
Euphoria14 said:

Yeah, screw FFVII. You did the right thing and gave that shelf space to FFIX. Out of all the physical copies of FF that I bought, IX the only one I still own.

I want BraLoD to play FFIX.

I better not tell you that I also own 2 copies of each FFXIII game one Japan import and one localized and also all 3 official Piggyback guides to those. These things take up a lot more of my shelf space^^

Square Enix currently practically sustains its business on my expenses.

So don't you call me a pirate again when it comes to FF :P

vivster said:
But there is no reason to force arbitrary walls on leveling. Postgame you can max them all anyway and maxing them isn't fast anyway.

It might be nice to plan but the thing is, if you don't use a guide there just is nothing to plan. You just take the jobs you like and hope they're worth it. So it will make you worry the whole game if you made the right choice. The game is practically forcing you to make an uninformed decision with no chance for do-over. That's just not a nice thing to do and will only aggrevate the player because he is at the game's mercy.

Early level caps are stupid in any scenario. I mean what do the game designers fear? That I make the game easier for myself by choice and by hours of grinding?

The game isn't that hard anyway that you need to max out everything. I didn't use any guide so I messed up a lot, specially the fusion skills.

I agree though that there's no reason to have a cap on level every chapter, some people prefers to grind early, and some don't.

Still, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I already bought V and VI too but hasn't played both yet, as I'm currently playing Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

vivster said:

I better not tell you that I also own 2 copies of each FFXIII game one Japan import and one localized and also all 3 official Piggyback guides to those. These things take up a lot more of my shelf space^^

Square Enix currently practically sustains its business on my expenses.

So don't you call me a pirate again when it comes to FF :P

FXIII... -.-

A game full of whiny characters yelling all the time. Glad someone liked it though.

Im long time FF fan but I hated like 80% of the FFXIII characters.

Currently playing: