By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infamous Second Son kuporeview

Certainly the weakest of the series but a 4/10? Is this going to be the new thing on video game forums?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
gergroy said:
Well, while I did feel the story was a bit lacking... All your complaints seem like they could be applied to the first two games as well... And you said they were great...

Not at all.  Cole didn't have the mobility that Delsin had, and just about every mission in both the first and second game is built around that, linear missions that were more focused.  Going through unique areas, platforming andshooting your way through.  Just because the games are open world don't mean the missions can't be more defined.  That and enemies not being bullet sponges and having more abilities with his single power by end game also helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2LDY1UgWIA

I mean seriously.  Look at this DLC mission.  This points out the biggest issue in many of Infamous Second Son's missions.  Most of it is point A to B to C bullshit from one end of the city to the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QJgnqd1yc

The game might look better, the game might control better, but I'd rather play a worse looking worse controlling game that's actually enjoyable to play rather than a game that's lifeless and boring as hell.  Prototype 2 is pretty meh, but even that's a better game than Infamous Second Son.  I've never played the first.

Evidently you need to go back and play through the side missions of the first two games again.  They are all go from point a to point b type missions.  Example, you arrive at the side mission location, get a call from a cop that they are under attack, run to the location of attack, take out bad guys.  Go ahead and look through the side missions, they are all like that.  

Now, I don't think second son is a better game than the first two, mostly because of story issues, but most of the things you complain about apply to every infamous game... Just seems inconsistent...

gergroy said:

Evidently you need to go back and play through the side missions of the first two games again.  They are all go from point a to point b type missions.  Example, you arrive at the side mission location, get a call from a cop that they are under attack, run to the location of attack, take out bad guys.  Go ahead and look through the side missions, they are all like that.  

Now, I don't think second son is a better game than the first two, mostly because of story issues, but most of the things you complain about apply to every infamous game... Just seems inconsistent...

"There are 12 districts in Second Son and within each district there are three side missions.  You either need to destroy a camera that's viewing a small location, walk around a small area until one of the random pedestrians turn into an enemy and kill him before he escapes, and use your phone to track an a small location to download data from.  The side missions just feel like yet another collectible, while their are hundreds of other collectibles around the city.  Compare it to the first game which had 89 and the second game that had 70 side missions with a large amount of variety."

Reading that it's quite clear I said nothing about point A to B on side missions.  On all three games, the side mission locations either start right where you're at or  they're just around the corner.  On the first two games yeah, you happen to go around around the corner kill a group of enemies, or you might do checkpoint races, follow a courier without being spotted, drain the electricity from bombs surrounding an area, etc. 

So yeah it's obvious the side missions aren't of the same quality of  the 40 main missions, but it's extra content on top of a game already filled with quality.  It's not like Infamous 1 and 2 have worse than the quality of these side missions as their main missions and then the only extra content are the collectables scattered around the city. 

Infamous 2 also has the user generated missions that you can mess around with, some of which are actually good.  So there's  also that.

It's my favourite out or them all

Isn't most games running from A-B from C-D? It's the typical formula for open world games.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
gergroy said:

"There are 12 districts in Second Son and within each district there are three side missions.  You either need to destroy a camera that's viewing a small location, walk around a small area until one of the random pedestrians turn into an enemy and kill him before he escapes, and use your phone to track an a small location to download data from.  The side missions just feel like yet another collectible, while their are hundreds of other collectibles around the city.  Compare it to the first game which had 89 and the second game that had 70 side missions with a large amount of variety."

Reading that it's quite clear I said nothing about point A to B on side missions.  On all three games, the side mission locations either start right where you're at or  they're just around the corner.  On the first two games yeah, you happen to go around around the corner kill a group of enemies, or you might do checkpoint races, follow a courier without being spotted, drain the electricity from bombs surrounding an area, etc. 

So yeah it's obvious the side missions aren't of the same quality of  the 40 main missions, but it's extra content on top of a game already filled with quality.  It's not like Infamous 1 and 2 have worse than the quality of these side missions as their main missions and then the only extra content are the collectables scattered around the city. 

Infamous 2 also has the user generated missions that you can mess around with, some of which are actually good.  So there's  also that.

Ok, well this is going nowhere.  I do not see how you could think the first two are great and yet feel second son is drastically worse, but whatever. Let's just say I strongly disagree with your criticisms.  

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Normchacho said:
Certainly the weakest of the series but a 4/10? Is this going to be the new thing on video game forums?

i dont understand some people , i never played a 4 / 10 game , if the game is shit i dont bother and just play another game. I dont waste my time in a game i hate.

I can  understand some one that says a game is 4/10 if they couldn't  stand it and stopped  , but to actually complete it and do the side missions that I don't get.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

vivster said:
Was quite ok. Not every game can be Infamous 2 The Order

Sorry but the temptation was too much .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

kupomogli said:

did you just forget the grafity missions? so it's more than 3 in types as well as total

what about using the phone to pinpoint locations?

I'm sorry you didn't like the game but, what you are complaining about here isn't the case

Meh. Infamous 2 was one of the few shining lights last gen for me, so I may be biased. But I am still an Infamous fan and imo it goes like this:

Infamous 2>>>>>>>>>>>>Infamous Second Son>>>>>Infamous