By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infamous Second Son kuporeview

for me it was a 7.5 (maybe 8) out of 10 but a 4?... you clearly havent played bad games, if you think this is one of those... Hyeprdimension Neptunia 1 is a 4 not this game.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
deskpro2k3 said:
I don't agree with you OP.

You score it 4/10 because you don't like the traveling method in the game, and you don't like the things you can do in between while traveling. Am I right so far?

Did you do any showdown missions to unlock the billboards for fast traveling?

All you have to do is check out my trophies if you're interested, there's a trophy for doing one of everything.  And yes, I did it for four districts.

Well, about your video depicting how boring the last boss is. You choose to exploit a cheat during that last boss fight, otherwise it wouldn't be boring because cheating to win (imo) is boring.

You did the showdown missions, but I don't understand this. You complain about how slow it is to get across the map, and getting from point a to b. You can't skip and go from point a to z. Storylines don't work like that, but w/e, it seems you don't like the story itself more then the machinics of the game because it works and it works well.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ArchangelMadzz said:
I've played infamous 1 and second son I enjoyed them thoroughly and didn't think twice about playing the campaign again, I missed 2 as it didn't really interest me in the first 30 minutes. I may have to re visit it on PS Now after the posts on this thread though..

inFAMOUS 2 is definitely the best out of the trilogy.

Slade6alpha said:
kinisking said:
no way its a 4/10 :o youre harsh XD. im still going to play it when i get a ps4 though :p

I like using the one power you get... cause.. it makes me feel like I'm using Pain's Almighty Push from naruto... but with concrete attached  

OT: I enjoyed it, does have it faults with side missions, a life less city, and black and white morality choices. Would still recommend it. This is coming from a guy who played 90 minutes of Infamous 1, never touched it again, and never played Infamous 2. 

must buy confirmed :P

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

estebxx said:
Hyeprdimension Neptunia 1 is a 2.

Fixed.

Around the Network

Considering I didn't really enjoy inFamous 2 all that much, and most people consider it the best in the series, I think I should probably stay away from this game whenever I get a PS4.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Well, while I did feel the story was a bit lacking... All your complaints seem like they could be applied to the first two games as well... And you said they were great...

deskpro2k3 said:

Well, about your video depicting how boring the last boss is. You choose to exploit a cheat during that last boss fight, otherwise it wouldn't be boring because cheating to win (imo) is boring.

You did the showdown missions, but I don't understand this. You complain about how slow it is to get across the map, and getting from point a to b. You can't skip and go from point a to z. Storylines don't work like that, but w/e, it seems you don't like the story itself more then the machinics of the game because it works and it works well.

It wasn't a cheat.  You don't glitch into the wall or anything like that.  As long as you stay in that corner the boss can't touch you.  First off, it's shitty game design at its finest, second, the fact that it still took me over two minutes to kill the boss despite not having to worry about moving around, dodging any attacks, etc, just goes to show what a massive bullet sponge the boss is and the rest of the enemies are exactly the same unless you use smoke bomb, video stealth, or neon.

Also, in order to do the showdown missions in each territory, you're required to get100% of all other collectables.  The collectables don't destroy themselves.  The billboards also serve no purpose because you would have already completed 100% of the collectables and there'd really be no reason to ever go back to that area.   You can't use the billboard during a mission either so there's no reason to 100% everything before completing the missions.

gergroy said:
Well, while I did feel the story was a bit lacking... All your complaints seem like they could be applied to the first two games as well... And you said they were great...

Not at all.  Cole didn't have the mobility that Delsin had, and just about every mission in both the first and second game is built around that, linear missions that were more focused.  Going through unique areas, platforming andshooting your way through.  Just because the games are open world don't mean the missions can't be more defined.  That and enemies not being bullet sponges and having more abilities with his single power by end game also helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2LDY1UgWIA

I mean seriously.  Look at this DLC mission.  This points out the biggest issue in many of Infamous Second Son's missions.  Most of it is point A to B to C bullshit from one end of the city to the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QJgnqd1yc

The game might look better, the game might control better, but I'd rather play a worse looking worse controlling game that's actually enjoyable to play rather than a game that's lifeless and boring as hell.  Prototype 2 is pretty meh, but even that's a better game than Infamous Second Son.  I've never played the first.

kupomogli said:
estebxx said:
Hyeprdimension Neptunia 1 is a 2.

Fixed.

i would say its a 2 if it was completely broken and didnt even start, since for me a 2 is like "you didnt even tried..."