By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Santa Monica designer threatens future ad revenue and review copies of games in retaliation of low The Order scores

PwerlvlAmy said:
Basically they say

''Give us a good review or else''

pathetic lol

not even close.

"#the order 1886 isn't the best game i've ever played, but it is well made.  it is NOT a 6/10.  I'm curious why we even bother sending review copies"

"the games press is so hateful of games anymore.  i just don't think we should buy ads or send them games"

and i agree.  this thread is the proof in the pudding.  whether it be the orders length or evolves dlc or assassin's creed rare glitch or TLoUs cross gen status or destiny's expectations of what their budget would bring gamers have turned into toxic, hate-spewing assholes that would rather persecute developers than play games.  leading that charge is a click baiting professionaless games press. 

i agree with dean,. if i had a game in development i'd say "fuck off" to the games press. i'd send my review copies to the let's players.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Basically they say

''Give us a good review or else''

pathetic lol

not even close.

"#the order 1886 isn't the best game i've ever played, but it is well made.  it is NOT a 6/10.  I'm curious why we even bother sending review copies"

"the games press is so hateful of games anymore.  i just don't think we should buy ads or send them games"

and i agree.  this thread is the proof in the pudding.  whether it be the orders length or evolves dlc or assassin's creed rare glitch or TLoUs cross gen status or destiny's expectations of what their budget would bring gamers have turned into toxic, hate-spewing assholes that would rather persecute developers than play games.  leading that charge is a click baiting professionaless games press. 

i agree with dean,. if i had a game in development i'd say "fuck off" to the games press. i'd send my review copies to the let's players.

Yeah I see it totally different. I see it as someone whining that it didnt get praised as much as he wanted it to,so hes crying about and pulling the school yard kid ''taking his ball and going home'' type of deal.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PenguinZ said:
Zkuq said:
Stop the drama. A single person expressed disappointment in the reception the game got. It's not an official statement.

That said, that's an extremely poisonous statement nevertheless.

Since he's employed as a designer for that studio, his public actions  or statements do reflect on the studio, whether it's an official statement or not. 

As far as I'm concerned, that's not true in his position. I get that for people in more clearly visible positions, but he's just a random developer. As far as I know, he hasn't had any visiblity before this. And this isn't even his area of expertise we're talking about. It's basically a random guy talking about an area he has no control over. The company shouldn't be held responsible for that.

kitler53 said:

Santa Monica Dev Threatens to Pull Ads Over Low The Order: 1886 Reviews

Update: To be clear, Dean Rymer isn’t in a position to actually pull ad campaigns. Take that for what you will.

sounds to me like Dean's point of view was vindicated quite quickly there.

Yeah, really. His tweets were unseemly, but his suggestion that the gaming media is absolute dog shit was spot on.

dont see why he's making such a big deal? He's not even a developer for the game right?

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

It's actually about mysoginy in gaming.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Arcturus said:
lol, what a sensationalist headline.

Random dev says "I just don't think we should buy ads or send them games" turns into "designer threatens future ad revenue and review copies of games in retaliation of low The Order scores".

Yeah, sounds like someone could very easily work for Polygon.

kinisking said:
dont see why he's making such a big deal? He's not even a developer for the game right?

He may or may not be, but Santa Monica collaborated on it.

This is a threat? LOL!

It either a lot of people have become wusses overnight or Dean needs to read "How to Threaten People 101" and do it right. Hahahahaha xD

badgenome said:
kinisking said:

He may or may not be, but Santa Monica collaborated on it.

I was completely unaware of this lol. Thanks 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion