By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Santa Monica designer threatens future ad revenue and review copies of games in retaliation of low The Order scores

Dean Rymer should learn to shut his mouth and craveonline should learn, judging from the 'update' on the article, not to jump the gun. It is my understanding Dean Rymer is in no position within RaD to pull ads or decide how many review copies to send out so this article is little more than click bait.

Around the Network
tiffac said:

This is a threat? LOL!

It either a lot of people have become wusses overnight or Dean needs to read "How to Threaten People 101" and do it right. Hahahahaha xD

Is that actually all he said or is there more to it? 

He shouldn't have said what he said (or at the very least should have worded it better), but the title is really sensationalized. I came in expecting something very different to what i saw.

Well damn, I bet reviewers are pissing in their pants after that "threat".

Kerotan said:
tiffac said:

This is a threat? LOL!

It either a lot of people have become wusses overnight or Dean needs to read "How to Threaten People 101" and do it right. Hahahahaha xD

Its the only tweet posted in the article. Maybe he sent a seperate email with death threats on them. lol!

Around the Network
tiffac said:
Kerotan said:

Its the only tweet posted in the article. Maybe he sent a seperate email with death threats on them. lol!

From reading the thread title I thought it would be more serious than that. A storm in a teacup is all this is. My signature still very relevant. 

He shouldn't have said that but that's hardly what I call a threat.

kitler53 said:

not even close.

"#the order 1886 isn't the best game i've ever played, but it is well made.  it is NOT a 6/10.  I'm curious why we even bother sending review copies"

"the games press is so hateful of games anymore.  i just don't think we should buy ads or send them games"

and i agree.  this thread is the proof in the pudding.  whether it be the orders length or evolves dlc or assassin's creed rare glitch or TLoUs cross gen status or destiny's expectations of what their budget would bring gamers have turned into toxic, hate-spewing assholes that would rather persecute developers than play games.  leading that charge is a click baiting professionaless games press. 

i agree with dean,. if i had a game in development i'd say "fuck off" to the games press. i'd send my review copies to the let's players.

Definitely agree with that.  And Youtube reviewers.  I like Angry Joe a lot.  He actually kept to the old review scales where 5 is average, instead of the ridiculous one reviewers switched to last gen, where anything below 7 is completely shit, and 7 isn't really acceptable, either.

Relax Dean, everyone will forget about the review scores in 5-10 hours anyways.

Hahaha. People will find and use *anything* to hate on the Order. He didn't say anything out of line, but sure let's use it as ammo to attack the Order, shall we? The gaming world sure is a negative place.