By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Santa Monica designer threatens future ad revenue and review copies of games in retaliation of low The Order scores

Santa Monica Dev Threatens to Pull Ads Over Low The Order: 1886 Reviews

Update: To be clear, Dean Rymer isn’t in a position to actually pull ad campaigns. Take that for what you will.

sounds to me like Dean's point of view was vindicated quite quickly there.

Around the Network

What a drama queen! He should just accept it and move on. If you're not gonna bribe the media into liking your game don't expect them to like it!

Those tweets are seriously disturbing. That a developer employed by a major studio would even flirt with the idea of blackballing members of the media because of low scores is one of the more shameful things I've seen in a long time in an industry increasingly defined by shameful things.

It's like this gif, in twitter form:

Whether the guy is in a position to make ad decisions or not, it's ridiculous that anyone involved with developing games has this sort of shitty mentality.

Wait.

Is this real?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

He needs to focus on getting me another God of War game. RAD are big boys and can fight their own fights.

Thanks jlmurph!

Basically they say

''Give us a good review or else''

pathetic lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Zkuq said:
Stop the drama. A single person expressed disappointment in the reception the game got. It's not an official statement.

That said, that's an extremely poisonous statement nevertheless.

Since he's employed as a designer for that studio, his public actions  or statements do reflect on the studio, whether it's an official statement or not. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the modern gaming industry.

"I'm curious why we even bother sending review copies"

Wow! What a idiotic thing to say. That statement is wrong in so many ways.

As for The Order, never really got into the hype since reveal but I will pick this up when it drops to £25 because I like story driven games like Heavy Rain and Beyond so hoping to enjoy this. £50 for a 10 hour game is a bit steep though.

From what I've seen, the gameplay looks solid but nothing special. 7/10 looks about right.