By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Woes Show Just How Bad Nintendo's Are

Uabit said:
But Wii U has the gamepad! Its the only console that tries to innovate in this generation and Nintendo's first party games are so unique and have nintendo's quality seal.

Sarcasm you know.

As fas as sarcasm, you failed. Nintendo has been developing or publishing easily the best and most consistently good games this generation.

Yes, they aren't as innovative (mostly because their hardware innovations are mostly just gimmicks), but the seal of quality is very much still alive and well.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Twilight Princess outsold every Uncharted. 

wind waker is combined sold over 6 million :)

people add last of us with its last gen counterpart all the time so I dont see why not XD

uncharted 3 is at 6.6.

You guys are missing the point. It's zelda vs UNCHARTED. How is Sony even competing?

sony userbases more avid buyers?????

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

sundin13 said:
theprof00 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

people add last of us with its last gen counterpart all the time so I dont see why not XD

uncharted 3 is at 6.6.

You guys are missing the point. It's zelda vs UNCHARTED. How is Sony even competing?

Uncharted is easily one of the biggest new IPs over the last decade...why is it surprising?

You mean why is it surprising that a new IP from 2007 nearly managed to outsell every single title in a franchise that's almost synonymous with nintendo?

Halo outsells most mario games.
Call of duty outsells ALL mario games.

Oh, it's just a big new IP, not surprising at all.

Because exclusives are the only reason people buy PS4s.....

In regard to the Wii U, its problems aren't going to change drastically from where they are, infact they'll only improve slightly (more frequent software+potential pricecut) so theres nothing insightful that video can offer us. Wii U will do no less then 15m, no more then 20m.

Maybe not everyone thinks that the Nintendo games are quality?

Around the Network

I don't really understand this logic... Sony's recent titles haven't done bad. Even Driveclub hit some good sales numbers and critically Second Son was fine. Nintendo's high quality releases have been paying off for them.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
theprof00 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

uncharted 3 is at 6.6.

sony userbases more avid buyers?????

that's what I'm saying!!

There's a problem with the consumers.
Too many times I have friends who say they love nintendo, and they'll actually go out and buy an NES or SNES and play those games instead of the brilliant new ones that Nintendo is making.
And no sarcasm at all here either. Nintendo makes great games, but they're not all been big sellers. Gamecube is one of the lowest selling consoles ever. N64 is middle of the pack. SNES is the same.

It's confusing, reading someone say that Nintendo has dropped the ball on the WiiU, and pointing to its sales as evidence. Clearly, such a person just isn't all that familiar with Nintendo. It's like Wii is the only console they've ever heard of.

theprof00 said:

You mean why is it surprising that a new IP from 2007 nearly managed to outsell every single title in a franchise that's almost synonymous with nintendo?

Halo outsells most mario games.
Call of duty outsells ALL mario games.

Oh, it's just a big new IP, not surprising at all.

Yeah, I still don't see your point. What is amazing about Zelda's sales isn't the sales of any individual game, it is the consistent sales over such a long period of time. New IPs come and go all the time, and quite often they sell a lot of units per game. I don't understand why that is surprising to anyone.

I wouldn`t really consider that woes. Those games may have not lived up to some people`s expectations, but people will still enjoy them, or they are brought by people who don`t even own or play those games just to downplay them. Anyways, those games are likely still just as excellent as any Ninten game. And the games are no ways a flop.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Mr Khan said:
maxleresistant said:
Exclusive games have never been the only selling point of a console. So stop obsessin about it, PS4 is selling because she have all the biggest third party franchise, all the features that the gamers ask for and even more, and she is the most powerful of the 3.

Never? Every generation winner up until the PS4 has won on the strength of exclusives to a certain extent, PS2 being the iffy-ist of those, but still getting a hell of a lot of games that nobody even bothered making for Xbox or GameCube simply because it sold so much (though that's a chicken-or-the-egg). But exclusives were foundational to NES, SNES, PS1 (with the migrated 3rd party games), and especially Wii.

What this generation shows us is simply that critical hits don't sell consoles necessarily, but that's far away from meaning that exclusives don't sell consoles.

I actually think it was multi plats that made the PS1 the market leader too. If you ask people what the defining titles of the PS1 (from the early days) were, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider etc. all crop up.

Yes Ridge Racer, Time Crisis and Tekken were iconic, but let's be honest, there were perfectly good (arguably better alternatives) on other platforms (Daytona/Sega Rally, Virtua Cop/House of the Dead, Virtua Fighter/Fighters Megamix).

However, games like Tomb Raider, Resident Evil etc, all performed better on the PS1 than they did on the Saturn. Much like we're seeing now with the multi platform stuff.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.