By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Woes Show Just How Bad Nintendo's Are

theprof00 said:

Why would you assume that the main person using the console would be inputting the NNID?

Also, it has to be NNID, because there's no other way to get gender.

My objection would be assuming that people filling out the NNID are the users.

...not sure why you would assume otherwise. There is no benefit to putting anyone but the user as the owner of the NNID, especially if you are a parent planning on setting parental controls. Honestly, I can't imagine anything but an insignificant skew from someone who isn't the user inputting NNID data. 

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Tachikoma said:

Hit up youtube and check out the people running nintendo specific gaming channels, report back with the average age of said user.

That's called selective data.

If I wanted to find the average age of people who liked looking at naked ladies would I go to a strip club and poll the people there?

strip clubs have an age limit, youtube doesnt.

I guess it just goes to show that Game review scores are almost completely irrelevant in terms of how successful a games' sales can be. The Order 1886 will probably outsell most Wii U games.

1doesnotsimply

Too long, didn't watch (OP video)

And as for the quote...what? Since when has the Wii U been putting out quality titles?

Marks said:

And as for the quote...what? Since when has the Wii U been putting out quality titles?

Since launch.

Around the Network
POE said:
Marks said:

Since launch.

Like what?

Not asking to be a dick, actually curious since I don't pay much attention to the Wii U. My gf has one so wouldn't hurt to know. 

Marks said:
POE said:

Since launch.

Like what?

Not asking to be a dick, actually curious since I don't pay much attention to the Wii U. My gf has one so wouldn't hurt to know. 

Mario 3d world, PIkmin 3, Donkey KOng Tropial Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, Super Smash Bros.

After reading through pretty much 80% of the posts here, I think that using the word "quality" is just creating more problems. "Quality," to me, is more of an objective term. However, many people are using the term very subjectively, and I don't really think there's a very objective way to talk about games in the first place.

POE said:
Marks said:
POE said:

Since launch.

Like what?

Mario 3d world, PIkmin 3, Donkey KOng Tropial Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, Super Smash Bros.

Right on man thanks. Got Pikmin and MK8, might have to check out a few of the rest you named. 

Marks said:
POE said:
Marks said:
POE said:

Since launch.

Like what?

Right on man thanks. Got Pikmin and MK8, might have to check out a few of the rest you named. 

What genre of games are you into out of curiosity?

1doesnotsimply