By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I'm starting to hate Rockstar Games and GTA

bananaking21 said:
here is my counter argument: GTA5 was awesome. Red Dead was even more awesome. max payne 3 was awesome.

conclusion rockstar are fucking awesome

Bully was awesome.

Heck, even Table Tennis was good.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Are you really from Reviewtechusa?

Oh yes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRY-AkoACE

Warning: Gentlemen, before you click on link, lower the volume, if you still live with your gf, your wife & your mom.

super6646 said:

Now before I even START this thread, I need to say this! I'm not a call of duty fanboy, I'm not a Rockstar hater either! But its time for everyone to know it! So I'm going to state it now!

1. Lack of Innovation.

So many people will completely deny, but in what way did GTA 5 change the gaming landscape!

Pokemon ORAS didn't change the gaming landscape in any way, but its still a good game. Hyrule Warriors didn't change the gaming landscape either. Does that mean that Nintendo/KT/Team Ninja are bad companies, not really. But thats the only point i dissagree with, i don't think a company has to innovate every release, because if the game's fun and everyone's enjoying it then there's no problem.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

We're getting old and we have seen it all. We need innovative franchises, new franchises. Nobody is exempt from this criticism. The game world needs something new. Those who are easily amazed will have nothing to say this gen. The way you think only shows maturity as a gamer.

super6646 said:

So many people will completely deny, but in what way did GTA 5 change the gaming landscape! GTA 3, it brought us stunning graphics and the most open world freedom possible! GTA: VC improved on that, allowing you to grow your empire and strike it rich! GTA: SA saw a massive map of a STATE with 3 cities packed in it, while also improving on Vice City with more vehicles and better gun mechanics. GTA 4 however seemed to role back on a lot of things, but it also introducted a MUCH better engine allowing for more detail. However GTA 5 pretty much just introduced what we had in SA. The only major change where the 3 characters. I nice addition, but the innovation we saw before. But if a game is enjoyable I can take lack on innovation. The next one is definently the big one.

GTA 3 never brought stunning graphics even by 2001 standards.

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:
super6646 said:

So many people will completely deny, but in what way did GTA 5 change the gaming landscape! GTA 3, it brought us stunning graphics and the most open world freedom possible! GTA: VC improved on that, allowing you to grow your empire and strike it rich! GTA: SA saw a massive map of a STATE with 3 cities packed in it, while also improving on Vice City with more vehicles and better gun mechanics. GTA 4 however seemed to role back on a lot of things, but it also introducted a MUCH better engine allowing for more detail. However GTA 5 pretty much just introduced what we had in SA. The only major change where the 3 characters. I nice addition, but the innovation we saw before. But if a game is enjoyable I can take lack on innovation. The next one is definently the big one.

GTA 3 never brought stunning graphics even by 2001 standards.

Umm.. if you look at games from 2001 then you'd realize what I'm talking about.

Hmmm I agree with microtransactions. But every game seems to be adding them now. I wonder what they will charge for next lives?

old skool

vivster said:
GTA5 has been out for a while. Why now suddenly?

The same reason we see a lot more TLOU hate today than when the game came out.When a game is so well received like this two,it's pretty hard to try to make a criticism just when the game came out(the defense shield is too strong).When the dust is settle,the hype is over,it's easier.

OttoniBastos said:
vivster said:
GTA5 has been out for a while. Why now suddenly?

The same reason we see a lot more TLOU hate today than when the game came out.When a game is so well received like this two,it's pretty hard to try to make a criticism just when the game came out(the defense shield is too strong).When the dust is settle,the hype is over,it's easier.

With the exception that TLOU actually is a bad game. Not like GTA5, which is totally awesome!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

mZuzek said:
super6646 said:

Umm.. if you look at games from 2001 then you'd realize what I'm talking about.

2001 maybe, but come on, Metroid Prime was released only a year later. That looked truly stunning.

Well I won't deny that. GTA Vice City looks much better was well! But we're talking only 2001, after that it doesn't matter.