By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Nothing will outsell PSP anymore (except Playstation home consoles)

Skullwaker said:
kumagawa said:

That's less than 1% difference (0.85% difference to be more exact) that's a tie.

Also the GBA is total manufactured while the PSP is VGchartz sold to consumers.

I don't think you understand the concept of a tie. If basketball team #1 scores 100 points while basketball team #2 scores 99 points, that's not a tie. That means team #1 wins.

Do you have a source for your claim? Everywhere I've found it says units sold.

Every unti manufactured has been sold. That's kinda the point. The only GBAs left are in someone's home, broken, or second hand in a store.

PSPs are still being manufactured and sold.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

Yes, I am predicting that no console (except Playstation home consoles) will outsell the Playstation Portable anymore.  

8. Generation?
Wii U & PS Vita failed, we should be happy if they could reach 20M lifetime. 
Nintendo 3DS and Xbox One are not strong enough, they will be close but none of them are able to reach 80M lifetime.

9. generation? 
Next Nintendo hardware: I think Nintendo won't bring us a surprise hit like the Wii anymore, the next Nintendo console will sell typical Nintendo numbers (20M-30M) and won't be a danger for the PSP. This also applies to the next Nintendo handheld, the handheld market is shrinking outside of Japan because of the smartphones and we can't change this anymore.
Next Xbox hardware: The next Xbox could be a big adversary for the PSP, but I think the next generation will again be dominated by Sony so there is no chance for the next Xbox. 
New Playstation handheld: Well, we know this will not happen after the Playstation Vita... 
Google console / Samsung hardware: I think they have no chance in the video game market. They don't have the same experience like Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, they don't know how this market works. 

Wait, so what you're really saying is that they won't ever outsell Gameboy Advance anymore, since PSP could't even do that.  I see.

8 Game Boy Advance (GBA) 40.39 21.31 16.96 2.85 81.51
9 PlayStation Portable (PSP) 21.41 24.14 20.01 15.26 80.82

Kyuu said:
kekrot said:
New 3DS is a new console right, but it's not a new generation. The DSi wasn't next gen, only had a little upgrade in specs and some exclusive things like camera. Do you consider PSP Go a console separate from PSP, just because it played a different library of games.

Did the PSP-Go play a different library of games?

No, it just didnt have an UMD drive.

outlawauron said:
Skullwaker said:

I don't think you understand the concept of a tie. If basketball team #1 scores 100 points while basketball team #2 scores 99 points, that's not a tie. That means team #1 wins.

Every unti manufactured has been sold. That's kinda the point. The only GBAs left are in someone's home, broken, or second hand in a store.

I'm pretty sure Sony discontinued the PSP last year.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

kowenicki said:
Dr.Vita said:

I want to show everyone what a beast the PSP is.

worst selling hardware of last gen... and its natural son may well be the worst selling harware of this gen too.

your threads are very, very selective.

Isnt his point, everything this gen will sell worse than the worst selling hardware of last gen except PS4. 

Around the Network

I could only agree with this gen home consoles and next gen handhelds.

What if Xbox 10 comes out in 2017, has is 5x the power of PS4 and we don't get another Playstation til 2019?

Beyond next gen we don't know what evolution the industry might undergo.

As for people asking why the PSP, it seems quite obvious. It was looked down during its generation, which makes the perspective of the prediction feel even more bold.

KLXVER said:
Kyuu said:

Did the PSP-Go play a different library of games?

I mean, PSP Go played only PS Store games, while the other PSP models played UMD games as well. Not all UMD games were released on the PS Store.

Yep.

kekrot said:
KLXVER said:

I mean, PSP Go played only PS Store games, while the other PSP models played UMD games as well. Not all UMD games were released on the PS Store.

True, but I still think they should be considered one handheld though...

Darwinianevolution said:
outlawauron said:
Skullwaker said:

They discontinued it in North America. Not in Europe and Asia, where all of its sales now come from.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Darwinianevolution said:

Yeah, they did.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread