By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your Favorite Franchise? (New Poll, 2nd Favorite Franchise!)

What would be your 2nd favorite franchise?

The Legend of Zelda 19 21.35%

Final Fantasy 11 12.36%

Metal Gear Solid 6 6.74%

Super Mario Bros 15 16.85%

Pokemon 4 4.49%

Kingdom Hearts 2 2.25%

Metroid 5 5.62%

God of War 5 5.62%

Halo 4 4.49%

Nothing on this list (post in thread) 18 20.22%

Total:89
super_etecoon said:
Insidb said:
I recommend adding Castlevania and Uncharted.

As mentioned before, I just used the top 9 franchises that people already chose for their favorites. The poll is for 2nd favorite. That seems the fairest way. Uncharted only had 1 vote already and Castelvania hasn't even made an entry yet.  Picking a favorite isn't just like being a fan of a franchise.  It means that above all others that franchise is king.  It doesn't appear that you've made a selection for your favorite franchise.  Would you like to make one of those yours?

I already voted, but I also read your main site headline and not the thread headline.

Where's the link to the first poll? I'm really curious to see it, because these are heavy hitters to fall off the first list.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
super_etecoon said:

As mentioned before, I just used the top 9 franchises that people already chose for their favorites. The poll is for 2nd favorite. That seems the fairest way. Uncharted only had 1 vote already and Castelvania hasn't even made an entry yet.  Picking a favorite isn't just like being a fan of a franchise.  It means that above all others that franchise is king.  It doesn't appear that you've made a selection for your favorite franchise.  Would you like to make one of those yours?

I already voted, but I also read your main site headline and not the thread headline.

Where's the link to the first poll? I'm really curious to see it, because these are heavy hitters to fall off the first list.

The original poll didn't have any games in it.  It was more a place for people to complain about having to pick a favorite.  That is, it was a 4 answer question asking how hard it was to choose.  I don't see your pick for favorite franchise.  Feel free to comment with it and I'll add it.  The poll that is up now is for your 2nd favorite franchise.

Kingdom Hearts, followed by Smash or Zelda.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

My 2nd favorite franchise would have to be Mega Man.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

super_etecoon said:
Insidb said:

The original poll didn't have any games in it.  It was more a place for people to complain about having to pick a favorite.  That is, it was a 4 answer question asking how hard it was to choose.  I don't see your pick for favorite franchise.  Feel free to comment with it and I'll add it.  The poll that is up now is for your 2nd favorite franchise.

Haha, I suppose that should be expected. I voted, because the poll had my favorite already.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
super_etecoon said:

Haha, I suppose that should be expected. I voted, because the poll had my favorite already.

And that would be...?

Final Fantasy with The Elder Scrolls close.

2nd place belongs to Far Cry ...

Today's update has God of War jumping up a few spots.  Other than that the list remains pretty much unchanged.  Our 2nd favorite franchise poll has Super Mario Bros taking the top crown at 9 votes while Zelda and Final Fantasy continue their dominance with 8 apiece.  

VGC's Top 10 (or 11) Favorite Franchises

1. The Legend of Zelda (24 users)

2. Final Fantasy (15 users)

3. Metal Gear Solid (8 users)

4. Super Mario Bros (7 users)

5. God of War (6 users)

6. Kingdom Hearts (6 users)

7.  Pokemon (6 users)

8. Metroid (5 users)

9. Grand Theft Auto (3 users)

10. Halo (3 users)

11. Mass Effect (3 users)