By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your Favorite Franchise? (New Poll, 2nd Favorite Franchise!)

What would be your 2nd favorite franchise?

The Legend of Zelda 19 21.35%

Final Fantasy 11 12.36%

Metal Gear Solid 6 6.74%

Super Mario Bros 15 16.85%

Pokemon 4 4.49%

Kingdom Hearts 2 2.25%

Metroid 5 5.62%

God of War 5 5.62%

Halo 4 4.49%

Nothing on this list (post in thread) 18 20.22%

Total:89

Smash Brothers!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
-Ack!- said:

Based on sales though one would assume that Mario would be more popular, but I'm just a poor Playstation fan, so how would I know? :/

Sales don't determine everything. For example, Super Smash Bros. games always sell considerably more than Zelda, yet Zelda is a much, much more recognizable name if you ask non-gamers.

You don't have to be a Nintendo fan to understand. I'm pretty sure this happens in other consoles too - for example, most of the best-selling titles on the PS4 are probably Call of Duty and FIFA games, yet if you came here asking people what's their favorite franchise on the console I highly doubt either of those would be the most popular ones.

True.  I must have forgotten that Casuals don't care about gaming communities. Still I wouldn't put Mario or even SSB in same category with COD or FIFA. Those games (Mario & SSB) are actually much more "Hardcore", but this discussion should probably continue in some other thread in some other time, let's not derail this thread any further. :)

God of War.

Man, I can't decide... The franchises I've played the most instalments of is either Zelda or Super Mario (both games in 2D AND 3D). But the franchises I've sunken the most time in is either Civ or Europa Universalis.... The franchises I've stuck with the longest are Zelda, Mario and Civ....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Does a single game, knowing that there is a sequel coming out soon count?

If so, then Mirrors Edge has my vote!

Around the Network

Thanks to everyone for posting in the thread. I'm sure it's been a bit eye opening for some, and perhaps a confirmation of suspicions for others. Picking favorites is always a difficult thing and something that many of you even frown against. It's almost like picking your favorite kid.

I've added a new poll to the thread to see how things shift. I don't think I'll be making an alternate list in the OP for these results, unless it seems that there's a demand. But please, feel free to come in and let everyone know what your 2nd favorite franchise would have been. I'm doing this because many of you have already been doing so. The poll is made up of the top 9 franchises picked so far, with Halo getting a place above Grand Theft Auto (both were tied) to make sure we get an exclusive Microsoft title in the mix.

Fire Emblem is my first favorite. Second favorite is difficult, but right now probably Shin Megami Tensei.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I recommend adding Castlevania and Uncharted.

2nd face is smash, 3rd is kart :P

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Insidb said:
I recommend adding Castlevania and Uncharted.

As mentioned before, I just used the top 9 franchises that people already chose for their favorites. The poll is for 2nd favorite. That seems the fairest way. Uncharted only had 1 vote already and Castelvania hasn't even made an entry yet.  Picking a favorite isn't just like being a fan of a franchise.  It means that above all others that franchise is king.  It doesn't appear that you've made a selection for your favorite franchise.  Would you like to make one of those yours?