By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your Favorite Franchise? (New Poll, 2nd Favorite Franchise!)

What would be your 2nd favorite franchise?

The Legend of Zelda 19 21.35%

Final Fantasy 11 12.36%

Metal Gear Solid 6 6.74%

Super Mario Bros 15 16.85%

Pokemon 4 4.49%

Kingdom Hearts 2 2.25%

Metroid 5 5.62%

God of War 5 5.62%

Halo 4 4.49%

Nothing on this list (post in thread) 18 20.22%

Total:89

Shin Megami Tensei.

Around the Network

It's hard to choose one, but I would pick Super Mario.

Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars were two of my first games. I still love them. I also had a lot of fun with Super Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island.

Persona , a while ago it would have been Final fantasy or Half-life , one left me disappointed with it's latest games the other for not having any latest game.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

uncharted

mZuzek said:
-Ack!- said:

I'm surprised that nobody answered Age of Empires or Warcraft, GTA should be higher on the list, and Mario and Zelda should switch places.

Please excuse us for having wrong tastes.

Nothing wrong with that, OP just asked if somebody was surprised, I'm just saying that I'm surprised by this list. In my head I expected the "general opinion" to be a little different.  I wouldn't put Mario as my favorite, but I imagined it would be more popular than Zelda, and GTA to be higher on the list.

As I stated before I don't have a favorite, but if I had to choose it would be HOMM because of nostalgia, which I won't expect to reach even Top 20.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
-Ack!- said:

Nothing wrong with that, OP just asked if somebody was surprised, I'm just saying that I'm surprised by this list. In my head I expected the "general opinion" to be a little different.  I wouldn't put Mario as my favorite, but I imagined it would be more popular than Zelda, and GTA to be higher on the list.

You must be new around here.

Yes I am.

So is this the place where most of the Zelda fans discuss about gaming?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R., followed closely by Gran Turismo.

zelda

mZuzek said:
-Ack!- said:

So is this the place where most of the Zelda fans discuss about gaming?

Well, not really. But there's definitely an overall consensus within the Nintendo fans here on this forum that Zelda is the greatest franchise there is. And you know, from what I've seen, that actually seems to be the consensus pretty much everywhere on the internet.

Based on sales though one would assume that Mario would be more popular, but I'm just a poor Playstation fan, so how would I know? :/

My Nostalgia glasses say Zelda, but I haven't _really_ liked a single 3D Zelda entry, all the 2D/top down ones have been phenomenal, even the recent ones.

But the reality is Final Fantasy won my heart long ago and still has the top 2 favorite games of all time, even above the top heavy weights Demon Souls and Dark Souls.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.