By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 1886 reviews proves gaming journalism is a farce and a disgrace. (9 out of 10)

I agree. haven't put much stock in reviews in at least 10 yrs.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

Ah yes, Microsoft paying every single reviewer, including many independent ones, great amounts of cash to make the Order 1886 look bad. How dare they. Maybe they should have paid them to say that Ryse was good too.

Never once said Microsoft paid anyone. Yeah, discredit my valid rembarks by straw maning what I said entirely. This game is not a 1 out of 5. Period. Opinion or not. A professional reviewer who rates it such has no credibility. And it is a FACT that he worked at Xbox The Magazine. Irrefutable. It's hard to find that coincidence. 

Or other people just have a different opinion! Ever thought of that?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

enrageorange said:

Does this account typically make troll threads. This can't possibly be a serious thread, can it?

if you don't know who they are by now (Gamer_of_the_Year ahs never shown me any signs of being 1) i'm not sure what to tell you.

enrageorange said:

Does this account typically make troll threads. This can't possibly be a serious thread, can it?

So because you dont agree its a troll thread? Nice logic

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

You liked the game and that's good for you. Regardless, it does not prove anything.

RealGamingExpert said:
Or other people just have a different opinion! Ever thought of that?

yea that, and then there's railroading, which does happen in reviewing games. back when Morgan Web reviewed Resistence 3, it seemed more like a 3/5 than 5/5.

then the number of cons made it not so much of a want, but you knew the score would be 5/5.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Reviews are opinions. Your just a minority who loves this game, which is absolutely fine.

The vast majority of the vocal internet can still be a minority.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Maybe people will finally start to learn that it is okay to like bad-mediocre games. Nobody is trying to stop you. There are games that I like that didn't receive glowing reviews across the board and that is fine. No need to get in a fuss about it.

sundin13 said:
Maybe people will finally start to learn that it is okay to like bad-mediocre games. Nobody is trying to stop you. There are games that I like that didn't receive glowing reviews across the board and that is fine. No need to get in a fuss about it.

I swear there was extra hard to open bubble wrap around my copy of FFXIII because of people actively trying to not make me play a bad game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.