By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

Kerotan said:
walsufnir said:

I am not to argue your opinion. Have fun with the game!

Cheers mate.  Btw you've one of the best sigs on this site. 

Well you are both right... A game must be evaluated by what it is set to achieve, but the score must reflect what they tried to achieve tying to what customers want or not.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
walsufnir said:

I am not to argue your opinion. Have fun with the game!

Cheers mate.  Btw you've one of the best sigs on this site. 

Normchacho said:
Oh my god, the user reviews hahaha I'm not sure anybody on there has played the game. It's almost all 10's and 0's.

Lol I just check those scores. Most of the 10 and 0 are from people who have ever done only one review lol.

Ruler said:
sales2099 said:

Better then PC? You should reevaluate that sentence. Also, poly-counts for most Xbox 1/PS4 titles are nearly the same, its the framerate/resolution differences that stick out.

But even going by that logic, you are telling me that system-defining games take a back seat and are merely the icing on the cake to a console with better specs? That you are fine with hyping up pretty games with little substance until the REAL quality exclusives come along? K. 

Yes ps4 exclusive so far even look better than pc-games on maxed out settings, you cant deny that by looking at the games. Only crysis 1 maybe looks better if you know what mods you have to install but then again i said this generation not the 7th-gen. And its a fact that pc has no tripple A exclusives anymore but is soley relying on multiplats based on the console versions.

Now by saying that i am not in any way saying that ps4 is stronger than the strongest pcs but the ps4 exclusives arent avaible on pc and therefor the ps4 has the best looking games who would probably run better on pc with higher frame-rate etc, but of course there are not avaible on pc in the first place.

And yes people buy new consoles to have better graphics in the first years thats how its always has been, if gameplay is more important for you then its better to stick to last gen as it has tons of good games still left who come out or good games you and me havent even played yet.

None of what you said is true, or fact. PC AAA games on max settings will always look better then anything consoles can do.

And Im sorry but Wii> PS3, PS2 > Xbox, DS > PSP, 3DS > Vita, hell 360 > PS3 for the majority of the 7th gen. All examples of "weaker" systems outselling the stronger one. Ultimately, graphics aren't the 1st priority, or at least they shouldn't be this gen.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Somebody please fill me in on what the main complaints are about the game?

Around the Network
Burek said:
PullusPardus said:

I'm so sorry but I have to say it yet again. What's the difference between The Order and Uncharted/Last Of Us ?

One is hated for being a linear, story driven, "See do not touch" , Uninteractive, QTE infested game, with pretty graphics.

One is loved for being a linear, story driven, "See do not touch" , Uninteractive, QTE infested game, with pretty graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfsag-csIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DndJFgVJLAU

I'm not defending The Order, I knew i wouldn't like it because of it's focus on linearity and graphics. but whats so different between these two? loved developers getting a free pass? 

And I suggest again to go and actually play any of those games, so you can see the difference for yourself.

Uncharted games have no replayability. I am not going to replay them again just to prove my point even further. 

PullusPardus said:
Burek said:
PullusPardus said:

I'm so sorry but I have to say it yet again. What's the difference between The Order and Uncharted/Last Of Us ?

One is hated for being a linear, story driven, "See do not touch" , Uninteractive, QTE infested game, with pretty graphics.

One is loved for being a linear, story driven, "See do not touch" , Uninteractive, QTE infested game, with pretty graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfsag-csIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DndJFgVJLAU

I'm not defending The Order, I knew i wouldn't like it because of it's focus on linearity and graphics. but whats so different between these two? loved developers getting a free pass? 

And I suggest again to go and actually play any of those games, so you can see the difference for yourself.

Uncharted games have no replayability. I am not going to replay them again just to prove my point even further. 

lol QFT

what most one here dont get is that the average person could not care less about "replayability"  

NewGuy said:

Too short

Average gameplay

Too many QTE

Too many cutscenes

Vague story

Mind you, not every review had all of those. But most had at least a couple of them.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
NewGuy said:

Too short

Average gameplay

Too many QTE

Too many cutscenes

Vague story

Mind you, not every review had all of those. But most had at least a couple of them.

I want to name the bad AI, too.

walsufnir said:
Normchacho said:

Too short

Average gameplay

Too many QTE

Too many cutscenes

Vague story

I want to name the bad AI, too.

I only put the ones I saw consistently, I only heard bad Ai once or twice, I saw it praised about as many times.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.