By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

gergroy said:
0815user said:

ok, let's assume something like: "creating controversy to cause reactions" (which we're actually contributing to through this conversation right now) doesn't exist in today's media, since when is 66 out of 100 considered bad?

Huh, so... You think most games that have a meta average of 66 are good games?

well one of my fav strategy game is at 69 not this far :D   plus nowdays there is hate on some rewiewer too.

For me a game in 60-70, ppl who like the genre can like the game, this not make the game very good, but good for some ppl :)

A lot of ppl enjoyed rise and its at 60... so ^^

Around the Network
spemanig said:
0815user said:

ok, let's assume something like: "creating controversy to cause reactions" (which we're actually contributing to through this conversation right now) doesn't exist in today's media, since when is 66 out of 100 considered bad?

In school, a 66 is a D-. One point away from failing.

Well now its 65.

Ryse was reviewed like crap. I enjoyed it. If you are one of the people who are excited about this game, then go enjoy it. You dont have to answer to anybody on what you enjoy

gergroy said:
0815user said:

Huh, so... You think most games that have a meta average of 66 are good games?

I think he is assuming that 5 out of 10 is average which doesn't account for inflation. Most "good" games hoover around 80. Most great games around 90. And the average being close to 70 as someone else pointed out. So yeah, the Order is a bad game. Below average quality. 

jlmurph2 said:

Well now its 65.

Really?? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong... I never really got low scores.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
0815user said:

In school, a 66 is a D-. One point away from failing.

Well, that is how it is here in the states.  I am pretty sure they use a standard scale in the uk where he is from.  So 50 would be average...

spemanig said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well now its 65.

Really?? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong... I never really got low scores.

I'm talking about the meta score lol

someone posted this on another forum and it made me laugh pretty hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-u5tvQC34

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So i havent been around for the last.. 350 or so posts.. Anything i missed?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

jlmurph2 said:

I'm talking about the meta score lol

Oh, boy. WELL that's one point closer to what I would have scored it, lol.