By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

I was really hoping this game was going to be a hit. Mainly because I like Ready at Dawn.

But now maybe Ready at Dawn should just develop a Jak and Daxter 4 and/or God of War 4 for the PS4 instead. That would be AMAZING!

Around the Network

This helps illustrate the problem with Metacritic, and not just that people put too much importance on it. The biggest one being that Metacritic still allows attention grabbing troll reviews to affect the average.

The Order should never get a 20 from ANY publication that sees itself as credible. 10s and 20s are reserved for games that are almost unplayable because of glitches and poor controls, while also having below average graphics and gameplay. Really, a game that is pretty much bug free, with average graphics and control should be enough to get you into the 40s and 50s, if the reviewer is being objective. From there, you start adding extra points for better than average graphics, control, gameplay, and story. If you take off the ridiculous below average scores, this game would have a 70, which without playing it, is probably what I would give it. When I do play it, however, and I really like the story and characters, it would probably move up to an 8 or so.

Regardless, I'm not too worried, cause from what I have been seeing and hearing, this game is still going to do really well. Which I'm sure will tick off those reviewers who decided they didn't like this game from the start.

waiting for the user score war. sure will be entertaining.

Unfortunate, but not surprising. I'm still getting it. I'll decide later if that's a horrible mistake.

It's great that RAD got their vision across... It's just unfortunate though that their vision involved putting gameplay in the back seat in favor of visuals and 'cloth physics'. They probably need to take a page from ND in regards to creating a story driven game.

With that being said, The Order looks like a good bargain bin purchase or rental.

Here's to hoping Bloodborne comes out stellar.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

I just saw a 1/5 and a 2/5 scores. I thought those are usually reserved for none playable and buggy games but I guess I was mistaken. lol! xD

Really embarrassing... So far every PS4 exclusive except Infamous was a huge letdown to me.
I hope this will change soon.
Atleast Uncharted 4 will be good!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I'm quite impressed with this thread. We're approaching 350 posts and it still hasn't degraded into a shit throwing contest.

RealGamingExpert said:
Really embarrassing... So far every PS4 exclusive except Infamous was a huge letdown to me.

Every one? Even Bloodborne?

Wright said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Every one? Even Bloodborne?

Yeah that unreleased game really disappointed me!

Wright pls.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert