By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just ordered my first amiibo, what have I done O_O

this is only the start 100 more figurines to go

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

You've taken your first step into a horrible, horrible world.

Xenostar said:

You bought a memory card that's even more outrageously priced than a vita one?

This isn't a memory card!

It's far too small and limited for that.

Prepare your wallet for total anal annihilation

Xenostar said:
TheVoraciousFox said:

The vita memory cards are much more outrageously priced than the amiibo.

No way you can only fit 1 game save on an amiibo, i can get many games and saves on a vita memory stick :)

Ah but the vita memory card is an essential purchase while the amiibo is only an optional extra.

Delicious, delicious games.

i know that feel bro.
i still havent played bayonetta, game i bought at launch. My playable time on wii U is going all for smash, hyrule warriors and indie games bought in sales (and lots of them i still havent played too). and i still have other consoles.
I bought sonic and lost world when they announced zelda free dlc, but i still didnt play.
and im trying to resist amiibos. they are very expensive here in brazil.(the cheapest ones i found were about 30US$)

Around the Network

Don't worry, once you're in deep, you'll be beyond caring about money. Oh... Mega Man just shipped... I'll just keep refreshing Shulk's page, checking Amiibo News, and lament that my Ike got delayed AGAIN...

ExplodingBlock said:
Prepare your wallet for total anal annihilation

More like amiibhilation.

TheVoraciousFox said:
Xenostar said:

No way you can only fit 1 game save on an amiibo, i can get many games and saves on a vita memory stick :)

Ah but the vita memory card is an essential purchase while the amiibo is only an optional extra.

Yeah i was only talking toungue in cheek really, but its starting to become less optional with games like the new Mario party where 4 maps and a game mode are locked out unless you buy 4 Amiibos.

Hopefully some clever people will find away to make it so you can just trick the Wii U into thinking your phone is any given Amiibo, so you can get the content on disk you already paid for. 

I like the idea of these collectable toys, but not if there just going to be used to gate off what is in effect now on disk DLC.

For me it was

"well lets buy smash that includes Mario"
"well shit lets buy Marth Villager and Wii Fit trainer because everyone said they wont come back"
"well lets buy Zelda because you like Zelda games but NOT Link because he looks like shit cross eyed and with a pee stream"
"well lets buy link he is only 9 bucks today"
"well lets buy FOX because he seems to be the best fighting amiibo beating people in tournaments etc"

And now I am like "well I already have so many I might as well buy even more I wanted Toon Link and Sheik anyways and Ganondorf (again Zelda fan)"

FUCK THIS SHIT :)