By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games where evil triumphs?

Chazore said:

Though fun as that may sound you have to realise that you were given the option to be an evil asshole, meaning you wer never evil from the beginning nor were you known for it =P.

That's what I'm getting at with games that give you the choice, it's more like a "what if you were an evil bastard (not canon and never is)" than "you are actually an evil bastard"

You're not evil nor good at the beginning of Dragon Age Origins, though. You're a normal person (through some different backgrounds you can choose) that happens to experience an extreme situation on which he's forced to do something he doesn't want to. After that point, your character develops as you want. There's no "default hero". Nor there is a "what if". You are tasked to do something, and you can choose how to do it. Or even not do it at all.

Around the Network
SR388 said:

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories {if you consider the psychiatrist just}

I wouldn't call Shattered Memories a game where evil triumphs; but rather, a depressing conclussion on which the antagonist (if you want to look at the psychiatrist as such) makes the main character realize he's been living a lie all these years.

LA Noir, but the noir genre in general is supposed to end by giving the audience that distinct kicked in the nuts feeling.

Chazore said:
Angelus said:

No. Playing as evil is cool

Playing an indie game isn't 

Especially since the indie game was super edgy as fuck that you could cut yourself with it's teenage edginess.

It's not really him being evil but more of a deranged psychopath with massive mental issues and religious tones thrown in, he's no Sauron.

There's that too. Seemed like a very minor detail though 

Bad endings to the Sonic games and Knuckles Choatix, especially the latter. Not the easiest games either.

Around the Network

Wright said:
SR388 said:

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories {if you consider the psychiatrist just}

I wouldn't call Shattered Memories a game where evil triumphs; but rather, a depressing conclussion on which the antagonist (if you want to look at the psychiatrist as such) makes the main character realize he's been living a lie all these years.

That's kind of the ending to all silent hill games anyway, that or it was the dog the whole time.

Darksiders I suppose.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

No. Playing as evil is cool

Playing an indie game isn't 

Why the hate for indie games? Just because they aren't as good, doesn't mean that they are worse.

No no of course not

No, I simply don't look very good in hipster glasses. Doesn't suit me

Sacred 3.

Game was so bad that after playing for 10 minutes I turned it off because...evil had triumphed.

Dungeon Keeper 1+2.

Both are among my most favorite games ever.

Evil wins by default in these games. You play as a dungeon lord. The goal is to build a dungeon to attract creatures which kill all those disgusting heroes who enter your dungeon for loot and fame.

I will soon play the inofficial remake of DK2, called War for the Overworld. Trailer: https://wftogame.com