By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ MM 3D Debut's Around 350k (US) and 220k (Europe) Higher than ALBW! Also Europe 110k for MH4U (Twice MH3U debut!)

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
can we finally put this whole "is 3d Zelda more popular than 2d one " debate to rest? I like them both

No, not really. All we have is 1st week sales of Majora's Mask 3D.

One thing to take into consideration are that the 3DS install base at the time of ALBW release was about 35 million, at the time of MM3D the install base is over 50 million.

We need to see how this game legs it out.

we also have OOT original beng the best selling one in the series despited being released on a system with about 30+mil install base. Im just using MM3d as further evidence for my case, but lets see how the game legs out. It might not catch ALBW but it can get close

Around the Network

MM got pretty mich 15 years of marketing. (word of mouth)

ALBW did not.

tbone51 said:
garretslarrity said:
On top of the fact that A Link Between Worlds was released in the holiday season, this is impressive.

Yeap! Kinda sad though for ALBW, it was a great game.

Anywayz, i wonder if LoZ MM is a million seller yet?

350k+220k are shipped so its 570k right there, Japan Sold is looking like at least 150k, 720k altogether so far without other factors in! 1mil by End of March is my guess

LOL... it will sell 1 million before ending of February. :P

DanneSandin said:

What he asked was why I thought MM would have a steep decline compared to ALBW, and I gave my reasoning: the hype will die off when the hardcore fans have gotten thier copies. Granted, the game will most certainly still sell quite well after the first few weeks.

as for why I think MM will sell less than ALBW: VERY few remakes manages to even come close to the original game - Super Mario 64 DS is the only one I can remember right now. Most remakes sell about half of the original games sales. MM sits at around 3.6m I think, so half of that would be 1.8m. OoT3D sits at 3.5m or something, while the original is at 7.6m - so about half.

We have to remember that MM is the darling amongst Zelda fans, not so amongst most other gamers, thats why the sales are so high now and while it wont reach ALBW sales.

MM has four things going for it:

- Bigger userbase than N64

- Doesn't require an expensive add-on to play it.

- It launched together with the N3DS in the US and Europe.

- It's in 3D. 3D Zelda sells better than 2D Zelda.

errorpwns said:
Nem said:
Hint Nintendo. Do take it. These N64 style Zelda's are still my favorite, and they work perfectly for handheld gaming.

Not dissing ALBW, but i find this style alot more appealing.

ALBW worked perfect for handheld gaming. The remakes don't work perfectly. Still some flaws to them, but they do play pretty darn well. I'm sure you find the style more appealing, but some really enjoyed ALBW. I personally did. Link to the Past is still my favorite Zelda. Glad we can have both.

The problem is we cant for now. Nintendo hasnt made a new Zelda on this N64 style since well... the N64.

Around the Network
Nem said:
errorpwns said:

ALBW worked perfect for handheld gaming. The remakes don't work perfectly. Still some flaws to them, but they do play pretty darn well. I'm sure you find the style more appealing, but some really enjoyed ALBW. I personally did. Link to the Past is still my favorite Zelda. Glad we can have both.

The problem is we cant for now. Nintendo hasnt made a new Zelda on this N64 style since well... the N64.

Except for wind waker, twilight princess and skyward sword.

I'm impressed, this is awesome! 700k+ for MM is superb.

This Has got to be at least 65% profit for Nintendo, the MM sales I mean

mZuzek said:
Materia-Blade said:

Except for wind waker, twilight princess and skyward sword.

Those games didn't have crappy graphics, crappy soundfonts, obscure mandatory "sidequests" and plain out wrong hints given out by your supposed partner. Man, I wish they brought back that N64 style...

Are you trying to say that Twilight Princess has good graphics?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

mZuzek said:
Well I was only thinking about the N64 games when typing that. To be honest by today's standards I think Twilight Princess looks even uglier than those... or Majora's Mask at least.

Agreed. That's what they get when they try to make Zelda have realistic graphics. The games that age the best never attempt to emulate real life, which is why Zelda U won't look outdated in 5 years.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread