By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Nintendo 3ds XL... selling better than expected?

I dunno... hope in 250,000 FW in NA and 200,000 in EU.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
In the USA possibly yes. But in the UK it only gave 3DS a 57% boost, which is not much for a hardware refresh in the grand scheme of things. And if that lead to a selling out in the UK then that would mean undersupply, which would probably mean selling better than expected, but in this case better than expected would not necessarily mean selling very well in an absolute sense.

I'm sure Nintendo through it supplied the USA adequately for projected demand. As USA is a reasonably strong country for 3DS I would think the supply into the USA would be good enough that a nation-wide sell out means very good sales.

This mention that N3DS have sold around 30,000 in UK, possible 40,000... not bad all considering!

In Germany probabily equal, and in France 40,000 to 50,000.

With Spain aND Italy that is probabily 10,000 to 15,000 both not combinet, and other of Europe... it can be at 150,000 to 200,000.

That is good imho.

tbone51 said:
SJReiter said:

This.

Retailers just don't order a lot of Nintendo products.

Your wrong here, its more of NoA Nintendo doesn't ship as much. This thread proves it as well as the gcn adapter+amiibos. 

I actually disagree.  Retailers have been skiddish of Nintendo products for a while.  One retailer in Europe dropped the Wii U entirely.  This of course bites them whenever something big happens and they didn't order the needed stock to fill demand.

Good to know it's at least selling well. I just wish there was the smaller new 3DS too. I wouldn't want to buy the XL one... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I actually did not see any at GAME when I went there on Friday.
Great for Nintendo and the owners! I'm sticking with my special and inferior XL tho.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
binary solo said:
In the USA possibly yes. But in the UK it only gave 3DS a 57% boost, which is not much for a hardware refresh in the grand scheme of things. And if that lead to a selling out in the UK then that would mean undersupply, which would probably mean selling better than expected, but in this case better than expected would not necessarily mean selling very well in an absolute sense.

I'm sure Nintendo through it supplied the USA adequately for projected demand. As USA is a reasonably strong country for 3DS I would think the supply into the USA would be good enough that a nation-wide sell out means very good sales.

This mention that N3DS have sold around 30,000 in UK, possible 40,000... not bad all considering!

In Germany probabily equal, and in France 40,000 to 50,000.

With Spain aND Italy that is probabily 10,000 to 15,000 both not combinet, and other of Europe... it can be at 150,000 to 200,000.

That is good imho.

As I said before binary has done a mistake,he thought that the 57% boost is for 3DS by misreading the text!

The 57% boost is for the overall hardware because of new 3ds/xl release and if you try to calculate 3ds sales in the week of new 3ds/xl release in the uk,you will come into the conclusion that is near to 30k!

I disagree for France,3ds is really huge there(Generally,France gives really high sales to all nintendo products by far!

As you may have seen...3ds is constantly outsells ps4 in France!:P So,I dare to expect 60-70k there but more logical is 40k-50k...So,I eventually I agree with u,LOL!

zorg1000 said:
binary solo said:

I thought the 57% increase was for total hardware not just 3DS

Yes, you're right. My mistake. Having said that 57% increase on what might have been about 30K total console sales the previous week is still not huge. It certainly doesn't represent a major revitalisation of 3DS's fortunes in the UK.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I think they probably undershipped, my Best Buy got like 6 total for people who didn't pre-order.

I suspect there's a glut of old 3DS/2DS inventory still stuck in the North American pipeline, which is why they're not shipping a ton of New 3DS right away, but they have to release it now otherwise it will miss the fiscal year forecast which ends in March.

That said if it is a solid launch maybe Nintendo will see that doing things like marketing on Walking Dead/Better Call Saul actually paid off, which would be a good thing.

Well I'm sure its selling better than the PSPGo at the very least.

Even if this is due to supply constraints.

spurgeonryan said:
It sold out an hour before even going on sale at my walmart and when checking a fifty mile radius for other customers after midnight I could not find any for them. We have close to 20-30 Walmarts in a fifty mile radius. So there you go....more accurate than npd.

Do you know how many in total your Walmart had? I DO know for a fact the Target I go to had about 30-35... (10 Majora's Mask LEs, 5 Monster Hunter 4 LEs, 5 Reds, 10-15 Blacks). 35 in a store is not exactly undstocking right?